Costco - Bed and Breakfast.com $100 Gift Card

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Costco - Bed and Breakfast.com $100 Gift Card
Give the gift of a getaway with an online BedandBreakfast.com Gift Card. Book online at BedandBreakfast.com for your choice of over 1800 bed and breakfasts, ...
See the reviews of this product here
PS If anyone has costco and wants to login and add a comment on there please do please let them know it is BOOK ONLINE FROM the BANDB.com WEbsite, not any property that does not have online reservations. (You will see what I am talking about as you read on...you might be enlightened by a few comments as well).
"The B&Bs we were interested in apparently don't qualify for these cards, even though they are listed in B&B.com" and other comments...

PS if possible if someone wants to also add that they may save money directly from the Bed and Breakfast they wish to visit, to see them first!
It seems that they are buying them for the discount as we all thought, but then cannot use them like regular Bandb.com gift cards as they are for "book it" only properties.
I look forward to the fire storm about to erupt, the forum has been too calm for a while. LOL!
"Book online at BedandBreakfast.com for your choice of over 1800 bed and breakfasts"

I know a lot of you don't accept BB.com's Gift certificates, we don't either. I was just wondering if they give a preferential status to bed and breakfasts that do. I think it's inferred that you're sub-standard if you don't have their gift cards. Am I wrong?

I thought this one was interesting as I think we've seen this place around...
"We used 7 of the bedandbreakfast.com certificates at a wonderful B&B near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC, this past June. The place was terrific and we really saved money using the Costco gift certificates. Lots of places to choose from."

Can you imagine someone showing up with SEVEN of these at the commission price the B&B has to pay?

PT the funny thing is people have no idea that it is not just a little book it button, it is a whole scheme and cost involved for online rez with bandb.com and to take the gc's and not get face value, which the guest never paid in the first place anyway. So they feel that those who DO take the gc's are BETTER B&B's...to answer your question with my take. YES!
Ooh lah lah "Where the Elite meet to drink in their bare feet"
shades_smile.gif

I know a lot of you don't accept BB.com's Gift certificates, we don't either. I was just wondering if they give a preferential status to bed and breakfasts that do. I think it's inferred that you're sub-standard if you don't have their gift cards. Am I wrong?.
Proud Texan said:
I know a lot of you don't accept BB.com's Gift certificates, we don't either. I was just wondering if they give a preferential status to bed and breakfasts that do. I think it's inferred that you're sub-standard if you don't have their gift cards. Am I wrong?
What you're considered to be is a scam artisit if you don't take them. At least that has been my experience with guests who did not bother to read the directions and just handed them to me to pay for their stay. 'You HAVE to take them,' is essentially what they tell me. 'We wouldn't have stayed here otherwise.' Yeah, thanks, THAT just got me on your side.
The preferred status is given to the inns that have the 'book it' button as we've heard (and personally seen) when bandb.com sends out their email blasts to every person who has ever submitted their email address to them for any reason. There is a special mention of those inns in the email blasts. 'Book it and save!'

I have gotten some interesting responses when I explain we *don't* take them simply because of the commision taken, and that I'd have to raise my rates a minimum of 30% just to break even. I got the distinct impression that some folks don't think the gc's are so great when they realzie they're basically paying a huge commission.

Well you knew I would have to put in my 2 cents worth here:
1st - What the GC purchaser does not know is that B&B.com is not loosing $25 by discounting their $100 GC, it is the B&B on the receiving end that pays that difference. - But in reality, I really do not think it would mean that much to the average guest... they saved $$ - they do not care about anything else.
2nd - is where I think B&B.com needs to improve their sales tactics - as most 'book it' b&b's do not take GC's - We are a 'book it' b&b, but we do not accept GC's. - Note - since this card has a special code no., it must be placed in the reservation form at the time of booking. This at least helps protect the b&b from being handed these cards at check in. (well as best they can, you can't fix stupid)
As far as preferred treatment for b&b's that accept GC - they do promote selling the GC's every chance they get.... so in a way, b&b's that accept them get more publicity. - I am not sure if the weekly 'hot deals' email I get is the same as what Morticia is referring to, but I did not see where any of the ones listed accepting GC on that list. (disclaimer - could be that none do!?!)

Meanwhile I have been requesting for TWO YEARS to be removed from their print directory as we have not taken their GC's for that long and they just won't do it. Of course they look better if they have thousands of b&b's to choose from...the list of issues with this company is just so long....

1st - What the GC purchaser does not know is that B&B.com is not loosing $25 by discounting their $100 GC, it is the B&B on the receiving end that pays that difference. - But in reality, I really do not think it would mean that much to the average guest... they saved $$ - they do not care about anything else.
2nd - is where I think B&B.com needs to improve their sales tactics - as most 'book it' b&b's do not take GC's - We are a 'book it' b&b, but we do not accept GC's. - Note - since this card has a special code no., it must be placed in the reservation form at the time of booking. This at least helps protect the b&b from being handed these cards at check in. (well as best they can, you can't fix stupid)
As far as preferred treatment for b&b's that accept GC - they do promote selling the GC's every chance they get.... so in a way, b&b's that accept them get more publicity. - I am not sure if the weekly 'hot deals' email I get is the same as what Morticia is referring to, but I did not see where any of the ones listed accepting GC on that list. (disclaimer - could be that none do!?!).
copperhead said:
As far as preferred treatment for b&b's that accept GC - they do promote selling the GC's every chance they get.... so in a way, b&b's that accept them get more publicity. - I am not sure if the weekly 'hot deals' email I get is the same as what Morticia is referring to, but I did not see where any of the ones listed accepting GC on that list. (disclaimer - could be that none do!?!)
Nope. I reviewed a place I stayed so I am now a potential target guest for their email campaigns to get me to book my next stay at one of the 'book it' inns. Completely different email.

Interesting!!!! I go to my email and there is an email from B&B.com trying (once again) to get me to accept gift cards.
Subject: GET MORE EXPOSURE - Accept Gift Cards NOW.
and one of the reasons they mention is:
  • Exposure to many more potential guests—we heavily promote our gift cards online, in retail stores, and through corporate sales

As far as preferred treatment for b&b's that accept GC - they do promote selling the GC's every chance they get.... so in a way, b&b's that accept them get more publicity. - I am not sure if the weekly 'hot deals' email I get is the same as what Morticia is referring to, but I did not see where any of the ones listed accepting GC on that list. (disclaimer - could be that none do!?!).
copperhead said:
Note - since this card has a special code no., it must be placed in the reservation form at the time of booking.
That's funny, because Webervations (owned by B&B.com) doesn't allow for a discount code number on their reservation form. They should though, because many of us have our own discounts we would like to utilize.

copperhead said:
Note - since this card has a special code no., it must be placed in the reservation form at the time of booking.
That's funny, because Webervations (owned by B&B.com) doesn't allow for a discount code number on their reservation form. They should though, because many of us have our own discounts we would like to utilize.
Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
I would like that as well PT but we have to remember they purchased this system as it was. Maybe it will be available in the new version to be rolled out later this year - or early next. I am still tossing the idea of moving to the one JB uses as I do like the layout and the extras it has over the current weberv.

copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
I would like that as well PT but we have to remember they purchased this system as it was. Maybe it will be available in the new version to be rolled out later this year - or early next. I am still tossing the idea of moving to the one JB uses as I do like the layout and the extras it has over the current weberv.
copperhead said:
Maybe it will be available in the new version to be rolled out later this year - or early next.
That feature is available in Webervations 2.0. I haven't tried it - there's another way you can book discounts online with 2.0 that I use.

copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
copperhead said:
copperhead said:
Maybe it will be available in the new version to be rolled out later this year - or early next.
That feature is available in Webervations 2.0. I haven't tried it - there's another way you can book discounts online with 2.0 that I use.
Great Muirford! I sure like the layout of 2.0 - when I looked at your site.

Overall gift cards are great options for cash now. They can be used anytime and for any purchase at the issuing store. Since the recession has been on a downturn, retail outlets have been looking for ways to bring in new customers, and gift card incentives are great ways. Do searches online and see what stores are offering the deals. They make great gifts or can be used for your own buying power.

Back