Could I have a doggie bag please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
Yes, the guest this morning could not eat all of her second helping omelet so asked for a doggie bag. I obliged.
That was a first.
Another 2 guests this morning announced that they would be renewing their vows in front of our main floor fireplace at 6:00 pm, something we were never informed of previously.
We were the only 2 who attended their 15 min. cermony complete with singing their vows to each other and all. Hum! Don't you just love innkeeping?

Both really sweet stories!
heart.gif

We always gave guests "doggie bags" Just too much to eat for many so we gladly packed up some goodies for them. About the marriage vows..hmmmm...should have been discussed with you in advance. If you want to do them in the future, maybe post something about that on your website....or that you are ONLY a B & B and do not do other functions.

We always gave guests "doggie bags" Just too much to eat for many so we gladly packed up some goodies for them. About the marriage vows..hmmmm...should have been discussed with you in advance. If you want to do them in the future, maybe post something about that on your website....or that you are ONLY a B & B and do not do other functions..
catlady said:
We always gave guests "doggie bags" Just too much to eat for many so we gladly packed up some goodies for them. About the marriage vows..hmmmm...should have been discussed with you in advance. If you want to do them in the future, maybe post something about that on your website....or that you are ONLY a B & B and do not do other functions.
I think you could do other functions....for a fee!
thumbs_up.gif

I make my muffins as mini-muffins because 1 recipe will make almost 3 dozen (some recipes more). I put a plate of muffins on the table and ask if they would like a "care package" of muffins for the road. They usually say yes very happily - no offense taken if the answer is no.
My most asked question is a very tentative "can we have the rest of our bread?" I usually already have the baggie in my hand for them. I consider it a badge of "great breakfast" that they do not want to leave the bread behind.

knowlesl said:
Yes, the guest this morning could not eat all of her second helping omelet so asked for a doggie bag. I obliged.
That was a first.
Another 2 guests this morning announced that they would be renewing their vows in front of our main floor fireplace at 6:00 pm, something we were never informed of previously.
We were the only 2 who attended their 15 min. cermony complete with singing their vows to each other and all. Hum! Don't you just love innkeeping?
This is why we do what we do. Those occassions that just trump any negative experiences
regular_smile.gif

Back