Could you run a B&B? Input appreciated :)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you paying per hour for our expertise?
Riki.
Good vibes, mainly, although as it's St George's Day I could offer to slay any dragons you have wandering about making a mess of the place...
Hmmm...St. Georges Day... do you celebrate it there much? Good list..you covered alot of the right things.
No, we hardly celebrate it at all. Well, particularly not me as I live in Ireland now, and the English are not so popular over here. Or anywhere really, thanks to our dreadful behaviour past, which has led to us being embarrassed of our nationality and too scared to be proud of it in case we offend anyone! It's not politically correct to be proud of being British/English in case we exclude anyone who isn't. Sigh.

Riki.
Good vibes, mainly, although as it's St George's Day I could offer to slay any dragons you have wandering about making a mess of the place...
We have a town of St George here and there is a sculpture on the lawn of the fire dept (appropriately enough) of St George on horseback slaying the dragon. I should have taken a pic earlier this week.

Riki.
We have a town of St George here and there is a sculpture on the lawn of the fire dept (appropriately enough) of St George on horseback slaying the dragon. I should have taken a pic earlier this week.
:) He did get around, didn't he? Patron saint of England, Ethiopia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal and Russia, as well as numerous towns and regions including Rio de Janeiro. Fun fact for the day!

Riki.
:) He did get around, didn't he? Patron saint of England, Ethiopia, Greece, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal and Russia, as well as numerous towns and regions including Rio de Janeiro. Fun fact for the day!
Eleanor Brown said:
One of those dragon-in-every-port types, eh? ;)

I moved this from resources into the forum as this is more of a time limited response. In a week or so that article won't be visible on the front page of your blog.

Sorry, Eleanor, in moving this from Resources into the forum I inadvertainly lost the link. You can add it back in by editing your original post.

Riki.
Hmmm...St. Georges Day... do you celebrate it there much? Good list..you covered alot of the right things.
No, we hardly celebrate it at all. Well, particularly not me as I live in Ireland now, and the English are not so popular over here. Or anywhere really, thanks to our dreadful behaviour past, which has led to us being embarrassed of our nationality and too scared to be proud of it in case we offend anyone! It's not politically correct to be proud of being British/English in case we exclude anyone who isn't. Sigh.
The jigsaw puzzle of the day in the Denver Post (online edition) is of a tapestry of St. George slaying the dragon. :)

Riki.
I'm proud to Be British !!! Maybe I hope that our past "dreadful behaviour" will excuse or explain my current "dreadful behaviour"
wink_smile.gif

Riki.
I'm proud to Be British !!! Maybe I hope that our past "dreadful behaviour" will excuse or explain my current "dreadful behaviour"
wink_smile.gif

Our Office Supervisor for the City is British and everyone loves her. She and my friend the News Director at the radio station have a running rivalry about Manchester City and Manchester United.
As for "dreadful behavior", show me a nation that has not, at one time or another, exhibited "dreadful behavior". Just read history - from the Crusades and the Inquisition through the age of Colonialism to the modern times.......

Riki.
wink_smile.gif

Our Office Supervisor for the City is British and everyone loves her. She and my friend the News Director at the radio station have a running rivalry about Manchester City and Manchester United.
As for "dreadful behavior", show me a nation that has not, at one time or another, exhibited "dreadful behavior". Just read history - from the Crusades and the Inquisition through the age of Colonialism to the modern times.......
gillumhouse said:
. . . have a running rivalry about Manchester City and Manchester United. . .
United. No question. ;)

Bookmarked the link as I like the concise and directness of it.
Rio celebrates St George day. I actually live there and visit the states once a month.

Back