Could your kitchen be costing you your business?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']Could your kitchen be costing you your business?[/FONT]
From Barry the Bar Blogger - this is in reference to the hospitality business, so perhaps there is something for us to glean from this article. I believe none of us want waste and unused inventory.
Click here

Mine is old but guest do not come into my part of the house. Breakfast is room service only. My B&B is run like 1/2 B&B and 1/2 cottages . HGTV throws away kitchens better than mine!I'd love a fabulous kitchen but this old thing works and would rather spend money on guest amenities. Send some glorious kitchen photos so I & others can dream
chef.gif
Mary in Bwater

I will download the recipe costing spreadsheet and see if I can make heads or tails of our expenses in the kitchen.

I will download the recipe costing spreadsheet and see if I can make heads or tails of our expenses in the kitchen..
Never mind, just realized it is a buy-in website. Guess I need to do my own spreadsheet.

We try and shop around for good deals in the kitchen and keep a close eye on costs. It depends if you like your own cooking my DH is like a waste disposal unit so anything left over just gets devoured! no waste in my kitchen lol

We try and shop around for good deals in the kitchen and keep a close eye on costs. It depends if you like your own cooking my DH is like a waste disposal unit so anything left over just gets devoured! no waste in my kitchen lol.
Waste disposal...this is why most innkeeper have dogs
confused_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater
If the guests don't eat it, we throw it out. Dog doesn't need it (vet would kill me), I don't need it (dr would kill me), Gomez doesn't need it (it would kill him).
Which is why I think the calculator is a good idea. But more important to me is the 'portion size' calculator. Altho, I do have to say, unless it is something like sausage, not much is going in the trash lately.

We try and shop around for good deals in the kitchen and keep a close eye on costs. It depends if you like your own cooking my DH is like a waste disposal unit so anything left over just gets devoured! no waste in my kitchen lol.
Waste disposal...this is why most innkeeper have dogs
confused_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater
If the guests don't eat it, we throw it out. Dog doesn't need it (vet would kill me), I don't need it (dr would kill me), Gomez doesn't need it (it would kill him).
Which is why I think the calculator is a good idea. But more important to me is the 'portion size' calculator. Altho, I do have to say, unless it is something like sausage, not much is going in the trash lately.
The West Fork River eventually takes care of any "leftovers" from breakfasts here. It goes right into the garbage disposal -
wink_smile.gif

I have a wonderful bachelor who lives across the road. When I have leftovers I just give him a call and he's delighted to get some yummy home cooked food!

I have a wonderful bachelor who lives across the road. When I have leftovers I just give him a call and he's delighted to get some yummy home cooked food!
Talk about a lucky neighbor!

Back