Couple operates bed and breakfast with a personal and spiritual focus

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the article:" Several groups of people have spent the night at the B&B but not as many as the business owners would like,"
Hmmmm I wonder why? This is a special niche and they need to market it as such. This could be a turn off to some people who don't want a "religious experience." and may wonder what they are getting into.

I thought it just meant they were new and would love to see their business increase...
=)
Kk.

First off I was going to say we have a member of our Assoc who has a B * B that has Archangels all over the place - on the walls in halls and in rooms, and statues and the garden is a grotto. THEN I finally read the article and almost choked - what a turnaround! From trial lawyer to theology?

definitely the place for religious retreats. not my thing, but maybe they just need some creative marketing. there seem to be quite a lot of religious groups around. and they fixed up a 'delapidated property'? that's gotta count for something.
i got a kick out of their version of the baby moon ... 'coming contractions' for expectant parents!
didn't this forum, or maybe it was the old forum, have a member with angels on her building? it was a red house? is that who you mean, kathleen?

definitely the place for religious retreats. not my thing, but maybe they just need some creative marketing. there seem to be quite a lot of religious groups around. and they fixed up a 'delapidated property'? that's gotta count for something.
i got a kick out of their version of the baby moon ... 'coming contractions' for expectant parents!
didn't this forum, or maybe it was the old forum, have a member with angels on her building? it was a red house? is that who you mean, kathleen?.
Angels on a building is a bit different. THese folks are outright religious and you are right they need to market their niche. I am of the same religion, but I would not be staying there.

didn't this forum, or maybe it was the old forum, have a member with angels on her building? it was a red house? is that who you mean, kathleen?.
No. The one I am referring to is called Ma ri a's G ar de n in Be rke ley S pr in gs. They have been there for LOOONG time. Have a restaurant & pizza place witjh it.

the one i am thinking of had angels on the building, in the name and the theme was about prayer and heaven ... very vague memory i have of it. could be mistaken.

We had a forum member who had a big archangel on top of his B&B and also a page devoted to his near death, or back from death (as it might have been) experience it was the old forum. He had the angels that danced all over the page and made you batty. I can't even remember where that was.
There seems to be plenty who come to this forum who want to open retreat centers. Then there are all sorts of mystical and new age places to stay - whatever your niche is, work with that, definately don't try to be all to all or you will have very unhappy campers.
Like the farm B&B not too far from us that also offers trail rides/camps etc. TA reviews about animals wandering around and the smell of manure. I guess those guests missed the part about it being a working farm with 200 rescue horses. DOH!

Back