Couple thrown out of Hotel for writing online hotel review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Couple thrown out of Hotel for writing online hotel review
Interesting to see this article in regard to the blacklisting or rating of guests thread...who is to say the hoteliers/innkeepers are not the psycho ones?
We have had guests tell us and WE have experienced ourselves not only in person but on this forum innkeepers who may not be 100%. Let's borrow some terms from another thread - socially inept, socially dysfunctional, mentally challenged...etc. This dude called the police to toss them out because he believed they wrote a negative TA review?

I assumed I could go to Tripadvisor and look for a bad review of one the hotels there. These hotels must be aweful as they all have some horrible reviews.

Golden_Beach Hotel, Black_pool, has some horrible TA reviews, for sure.If those guests are TA-savvy, wonder why they would stay there in the first place. I'll bet it wasn't even them who wrote the review in question.
Of course, the news article is just the guest's side of things, but yes, JB, it does sound like a pretty unsettled manager!

Sides aside... :) It shows you what can happen...and perspectives and all. No matter what, the review sites are there and we need to deal with them professionally. Then, as mentioned, there are those who want a free stay OR MORE and will do something to get that lime light focused directly on them.

If you don't know black pool it is the Stag and Hen party capital of the UK if you want a dead cheep place (ie average rate £35 for 2 people sharing a room) it is the place to go people basically get really drunk and trash all the places. It also means becuase the rates are so low people can't aford to refurb so it is a vicious cycle. There are a few hotels there on the Hotel inspector to give you an idea. It used to be a really nice sea side town where you went with your family but I wouldn't want to go there now and certainly not at night. They also have a short season just summer and easter so they work like the clappers and are then on their own for the rest of the year. There are a lot of bad places because there is enough business that during the busy times there is 10 people queing for that room. In fact that is probably what happened they were over booked and chucked them out to make space for someone paying more.

If you don't know black pool it is the Stag and Hen party capital of the UK if you want a dead cheep place (ie average rate £35 for 2 people sharing a room) it is the place to go people basically get really drunk and trash all the places. It also means becuase the rates are so low people can't aford to refurb so it is a vicious cycle. There are a few hotels there on the Hotel inspector to give you an idea. It used to be a really nice sea side town where you went with your family but I wouldn't want to go there now and certainly not at night. They also have a short season just summer and easter so they work like the clappers and are then on their own for the rest of the year. There are a lot of bad places because there is enough business that during the busy times there is 10 people queing for that room. In fact that is probably what happened they were over booked and chucked them out to make space for someone paying more..
Went to Blackpool last winter for a couple of nights, would never go back to the place. It's a dump. The sea front is tired and dilapidated, the hotels (as you say) are mostly grotty, even the "fun" park is run down, shabby and ridiculously expensive, the only good thing there being "The Big One" which used to be the highest roller-coaster in the world.

Back