Couple to return to NY Waldorf at '52 rate: $16.80

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, a nice thing to do and a good way to get positive publicity. I'm sure they have some good controls on it so they don't get overrun with people claiming milestones to celebrate, like happended to that English cupcake lady on Groupon.

Yes, a nice thing to do and a good way to get positive publicity. I'm sure they have some good controls on it so they don't get overrun with people claiming milestones to celebrate, like happended to that English cupcake lady on Groupon..
You "misread"
It is not milestone events, they were married and spent their wedding night/honeymoon there 60 years ago. I think it is awesome and yes great publicity! Way to go. Lord I hope I am not here 60 years later...oh the insanity of it all.
Here's one from today "Remember that B&B we arrived at 2:10AM and then no showed for breakfast after we said we would be there? Oh and checked out late? and were rude and disrespectful? Let's go back there again..."
Anyone want names I am happy to oblige.
In other news I was able to use my two DD's as breakfast models to get some dining room photos this morning. Terrible photos, I took so many, but the lighting and my tiredness did not wish to comply. Such is life...
Hey let's stay at a B&B cuz they have to be nice and let us ruin their whole weekend... I know get over it, I will as soon as they leave. I was NICE as there was a terrible storm, and we were in the path and I allowed it or would have kicked the butt to the door at 2am.

Yes, I understood the "returning" part. The article says, "The hotel charges the original room rate for returning guests celebrating a milestone."
I guess a B&B would need to have been in business a long time to make it sensible to offer this, but of course not necessarily under the same management as when the big event took place.
Glad the storm didn't get y'all, and try not to let the PITAs get (to) you either! :)

Yes, I understood the "returning" part. The article says, "The hotel charges the original room rate for returning guests celebrating a milestone."
I guess a B&B would need to have been in business a long time to make it sensible to offer this, but of course not necessarily under the same management as when the big event took place.
Glad the storm didn't get y'all, and try not to let the PITAs get (to) you either! :).
I wish I knew the prices from way back when. We do have guests who have been coming here every year since opening.

Glad the storm didn't get y'all, and try not to let the PITAs get (to) you either! :).
My house is celebrating a century this year - the third night of a reservation is $19.12 + tax, all year long. I have no idea what a room would have been in 1912 but even I will not go that low (probably 50 cents!).

My house is celebrating a century this year - the third night of a reservation is $19.12 + tax, all year long. I have no idea what a room would have been in 1912 but even I will not go that low (probably 50 cents!).
gillumhouse said:
the third night of a reservation is $19.12 + tax, all year long. I have no idea what a room would have been in 1912 but even I will not go that low (probably 50 cents!).
Cool idea!

Back