Couples traveling together (the mob mentality)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Do you find couples traveling together, whether it is all just so much fun, or I'm on vacation anything goes have the mob mentality? They tend to think they are funny all the time and sarcasm is an immediate response. They seem to think no rules apply to them, seems to a bravado thing.
Any time I have had guests I really have not cared for it has been a set or guests or one member of a set.
It seems much easier to wow the single or couple vs the group, the group (even small group = two rooms) seem to want more and more and take and take. Not speaking about whole house bookings, that is an entirely different animal right there.
There are times when saracasm just is not funny, it is belittling others.
Have you encountered this? What did you do? Did you react differently to the couples traveling together or leave then more to their own devices?

I've noticed that too. Most of the time they keep to themselve and I'm merely there to 'serve' them. Very little interaction with others (myself included) outside of their group?
I guess I just leave them to their own. If they are happy that fine, that's what they are here for.... and if they need something I'll be there. I just pay extra attention to the other guest so they have a great time also.

I haven't found that here. I've got 2 rooms traveling together checking in today for 3 nights and we do get a lot more of this in the summer time. It's the whole house rental I hate.
note: Once again I may have a different slant on this topic because of our breakfast delivery. Our couples traveling together don't interact much with other guests and typically will eat their breakfast together in 1 of their rooms, not separately.

Yes, I've talked about that before. Generally speaking, the same thing happens with a couple of rooms that are family members traveling together. They just kind of take over! And they like to move furniture around. What is up with that??
But, once in awhile we get a couple of rooms that are the exception & they're great folks that like to travel together.

I haven't found that here. I've got 2 rooms traveling together checking in today for 3 nights and we do get a lot more of this in the summer time. It's the whole house rental I hate.
note: Once again I may have a different slant on this topic because of our breakfast delivery. Our couples traveling together don't interact much with other guests and typically will eat their breakfast together in 1 of their rooms, not separately..
Yes, see you don't get the people traveling together that will totally dominate the breakfast table, the porch conversation, and so on. It doesn't happen every time here, but does happen.
I tend to agree that I prefer just the single rooms on their own :)

Outside at o dark hundred talking, we are talking 6 am. I had to go out in my pj's and tell them there are OTHER guests here sleeping.
Totally moved all the furniture and had baskets of snacks out there.
Moved furniture BETWEEN the rooms, I couldn't figure out where stuff came from then realized it was another room. Were in one room til wee hours hanging out - loud.
Yep the ME ME ME crowd.

Outside at o dark hundred talking, we are talking 6 am. I had to go out in my pj's and tell them there are OTHER guests here sleeping.
Moved furniture BETWEEN the rooms, I couldn't figure out where stuff came from then realized it was another room. Were in one room til wee hours hanging out - loud.
Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
Moved furniture BETWEEN the rooms...
This seems to happen all the time when we have two or more rooms together. Not sure why they feel they can or have to MOVE everything! I think they just figure they have the whole place to themselves. Your rules or the comfort of others are never their top priority. But being loud 'til late at night and early in the morning? They should know better.
I hope for your sake they are leaving soon.

Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
This seems to happen all the time when we have two or more rooms together. Not sure why they feel they can or have to MOVE everything! I think they just figure they have the whole place to themselves. Your rules or the comfort of others are never their top priority. But being loud 'til late at night and early in the morning? They should know better.
InnsiderInfo said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Oh yeah, they were only here one night. Arrived late, up early outside in their robes yappin' away, snacking, drinking coffee, then left at 10am. They stay, they pay, they go away...and fast sometimes. :)

Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Oh yeah, they were only here one night. Arrived late, up early outside in their robes yappin' away, snacking, drinking coffee, then left at 10am. They stay, they pay, they go away...and fast sometimes. :)
Good!
Missed ya Joe, glad to be back.

Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Good!
InnsiderInfo said:
Good!
I was happy to see your postings as well! Hows she goin?

Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Good!
InnsiderInfo said:
Good!
'Bout as well as can be expected! Summer crush is easing up a bit, especially with this "late" Labor Day, next week is slow so I am determined to get the Rezovation thing up and running because I am determined it will make my life EASIER!
Plus really nice people this week, always a tremendous bonus. Sounds like you've had your hands full a bit, hope that eases up for you. This was back to college week for us, I know you enjoy that as much as I do! I'm finished with them until October and the parents' weekend.

Yep the ME ME ME crowd..
Joe Bloggs said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Good!
InnsiderInfo said:
Good!
'Bout as well as can be expected! Summer crush is easing up a bit, especially with this "late" Labor Day, next week is slow so I am determined to get the Rezovation thing up and running because I am determined it will make my life EASIER!
Plus really nice people this week, always a tremendous bonus. Sounds like you've had your hands full a bit, hope that eases up for you. This was back to college week for us, I know you enjoy that as much as I do! I'm finished with them until October and the parents' weekend.
InnsiderInfo said:
Just had the no-tell-motel call to see if we have a room for overflow, we do! She asked the price I told her $120 and she said "FOR ONE NIGHT! IS THAT THE NORMAL RATE?" I said, "For that room, yes" she said okay and hung up.
Aren't we glad we're not hotels and that we DO have great people stay with us!!

Back