Cracking eggs one-handed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

Tom

Reaction score
A five room inn, 12 years, and solo breakfast, I've cooked thousands and thousands of eggs.
I always thought cracking eggs one-handed was sort of a showoff gimmick, but when I broke my arm last month it became a B&B owner life skill.
I still have to serve breakfast and the crowds have been double. One-handed, it takes me about half again longer to cook and serve. I did have a friend/inn-sitter help with the two weddings. Two more weeks ...

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Egads! We had to deal with multiple surgeries and a motorcycle accident, but there were two of us, so it mostly worked out.

Congrats on your new skill! You showoff!

Anon Inn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A five room inn, 12 years, and solo breakfast, I've cooked thousands and thousands of eggs.
I always thought cracking eggs one-handed was sort of a showoff gimmick, but when I broke my arm last month it became a B&B owner life skill.
I still have to serve breakfast and the crowds have been double. One-handed, it takes me about half again longer to cook and serve. I did have a friend/inn-sitter help with the two weddings. Two more weeks ...
Hugs