Cranberry Cake with Butter Cream Sauce

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "mermaid" has asked me to have this ready when she returns from her late morning tanning hours at the sandbar. So, I'm going to make this in just a little bit.
If it's a good as it sounds, I'm thinking that during other times of the year, other fresh berries such as blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc. - whatever is in season and available - would be a nice way to change it up every now and then.

It's in the oven now. Interesting that there are no eggs in this recipe. I wonder what's going to hold it together? We'll see....

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! No eggs, no vanilla or any other extract...amazing that it's this delicious. This recipe is a keeper for sure! It's so simple, too. No mixer/beaters to wash. Just mix it in a large bowl with a big spoon. Can't wait to try it with some other berries, but I gotta say, the FRESH cranberries really, really make this cake!

Ang, thanks so much and I nearly bought some fresh cranberries today. I will, since they freeze well to use extras later on.

Thanks for the review! I've got some fresh wild cranberries my neighbor picked for me and this sounds like just the recipe to use them in.

Terrific! I served smallish-sized pieces of this with the butter-cream sauce with my fruit plates this morning, and EVERYONE loved the whole concept of cake for breakfast!! I knew it was going to be a hit when DH tried it and said "No, they won't like it, don't serve it"......That always means "Keep it in the kitchen for us".
Also, it's VERY pretty....would be a great thing to take if you're going to a holiday pitch-in.

The "mermaid" has asked me to have this ready when she returns from her late morning tanning hours at the sandbar. So, I'm going to make this in just a little bit.
If it's a good as it sounds, I'm thinking that during other times of the year, other fresh berries such as blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc. - whatever is in season and available - would be a nice way to change it up every now and then..
Maybe it's the winter-storm going on outside at the moment, but the words "late morning tanning hours at the sandbar" actually made me whimper just a little bit.

Back