Crap! I have the PITAs tonight

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mama brought down half a bowl of cereal from last night. Daughter does not eat cereal this morning - she ate the whole plate of choc chip muffins and deigned to eat some of the eggs since it was a casserole and not just fried eggs. She has decided - sight unseen - that she does not like the college because it is too far from home. She does not like places she does not know. Lord save me! What kind of people bring up their kids to NOT stretch their wings?? He says, she does not like being where Mommy & Daddy cannot tuck her in at night. I managed to not puke - but DID have to leave the room quickly bewfore blood started spurting from my tongue! Nice enough people, just so smothering over a kid who obviously rules the house and knows it.
The Dad sat in the chair DH sits on at the head of the table - it is broken in the supports at the bottom - DH is no problem because he is skinny. I held my breath that the chair would hold (no the place setting was not there) since he was probably a good 100 lbs heavier than DH. They just left. They were quiet other than letting the door slam at 6 AM. This was probably their first time at a B & B.
I was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro..
The kid may be scared to leave home. I was a commuter during college. Absolutely terrified to go away to school. It's sad and I missed so much by being so fearful. Never went on any of the European trips with my language classes, terrified. It's a debilitating thing to go thru.
Madeleine said:
The kid may be scared to leave home. I was a commuter during college. Absolutely terrified to go away to school. It's sad and I missed so much by being so fearful. Never went on any of the European trips with my language classes, terrified. It's a debilitating thing to go thru.
It is, but my parents reaction to this was to push us out into the world, not shield us from it. And they were right, and I thank them for it.
Highlands John said:
Madeleine said:
It is, but my parents reaction to this was to push us out into the world, not shield us from it. And they were right, and I thank them for it.
Every child is different, every family is different, what works for one kid raised exactly the same does not work for the next. Some need shielding some need shoving. HAHA
Every child is different, every family is different, what works for one kid raised exactly the same does not work for the next. Some need shielding some need shoving. HAHA
You are so very right. Each of our 6 twisted our tails in a different way. Just when you think you have parenting firgured out - they say or do something that sends you back to go in the parent course. And you never reach the finish line (and hope & pray you never do!).

Back