Crap! I have the PITAs tonight

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew it Monday night when I took the rez and unfortunately it did not get better. Compared to what you folks have had, this is small potatoes but I usually do not get this.
Daughter does not eat eggs. OK I will make baked oatmeal with togurt. No one in THIS family will eat yogurt. OK, does your daughter (who is getting ready to go to college) eat cereal? Fruit Loops.
So on the way home from band last night I bought a large box of Fruit Loops. Good thing. Mama comes down to say, daughter does not like bananas and apples that I have in the room for munching, could she have some cereal because she likes to munch. So I get off the phone with my sister in Missouri and go get her a bowl of Fruit Loops - which is what she is going to get for breakfast since I am making my egg bake for everyone else. Thank goodness it is a one night.
DH did not get it - I told him if they knew she needed munchies, they should have brought some!! This is bed & breakfast.
And Mama just came down asking for milk on the cereal (silly me thought it was munch). Everyone smokes too.

Home › Forums › Chat, Vent, Laugh, Cry ›
Just try the laugh part above, and be glad they stay, they pay, and they go away!

Home › Forums › Chat, Vent, Laugh, Cry ›
Just try the laugh part above, and be glad they stay, they pay, and they go away!.
I am laughing, it is my knees that are crying from the extra trips up and down the stairs. 6 AM breakfast so they will be gone early. My vegetarian is having a nice 8:30 breakfast. She is so pleasant. She was going to move rooms for me Friday but they just canceled so she gets the best room for the budget rate. She seems to be a real sweet person. And she has a Honda FIT - the car we are going to look at tomorrow and probably buy!!

I'm in agreement with John...you don't like the FREE stuff that's in your room? You should have brought your own junk food then.

Can I ship you my GFLFHM who is now also BPF? MoH has had to step in, before I off myself.

Mama brought down half a bowl of cereal from last night. Daughter does not eat cereal this morning - she ate the whole plate of choc chip muffins and deigned to eat some of the eggs since it was a casserole and not just fried eggs. She has decided - sight unseen - that she does not like the college because it is too far from home. She does not like places she does not know. Lord save me! What kind of people bring up their kids to NOT stretch their wings?? He says, she does not like being where Mommy & Daddy cannot tuck her in at night. I managed to not puke - but DID have to leave the room quickly bewfore blood started spurting from my tongue! Nice enough people, just so smothering over a kid who obviously rules the house and knows it.
The Dad sat in the chair DH sits on at the head of the table - it is broken in the supports at the bottom - DH is no problem because he is skinny. I held my breath that the chair would hold (no the place setting was not there) since he was probably a good 100 lbs heavier than DH. They just left. They were quiet other than letting the door slam at 6 AM. This was probably their first time at a B & B.
I was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro.

Hey mine said yesterday in the parlor "Stay here and watch my purse!" Okay I get it, you are from California, I know it is the way it is goin' out west.
BTW I was the only one here I was showing her another room since the room they had was inadequate. So unless there are two of me out to rob them, not sure who they were expecting to break through the locked front door.

Oh and I was also told "If there are any feather pillows we will leave, I am allergic to feathers" No they didn't mention this on the rez. But we don't have feather pillows on the beds. We do have spares in a couple closets that have feathers (for customer options and all that, silly me!)
This is the way you speak to people.
You are in their home, I will say it again "Their home" which is why we do cross from being a business to a home from time to time...

Oh and I was also told "If there are any feather pillows we will leave, I am allergic to feathers" No they didn't mention this on the rez. But we don't have feather pillows on the beds. We do have spares in a couple closets that have feathers (for customer options and all that, silly me!)
This is the way you speak to people.
You are in their home, I will say it again "Their home" which is why we do cross from being a business to a home from time to time....
Did they end up staying in the 'inadequate' room?

Mama brought down half a bowl of cereal from last night. Daughter does not eat cereal this morning - she ate the whole plate of choc chip muffins and deigned to eat some of the eggs since it was a casserole and not just fried eggs. She has decided - sight unseen - that she does not like the college because it is too far from home. She does not like places she does not know. Lord save me! What kind of people bring up their kids to NOT stretch their wings?? He says, she does not like being where Mommy & Daddy cannot tuck her in at night. I managed to not puke - but DID have to leave the room quickly bewfore blood started spurting from my tongue! Nice enough people, just so smothering over a kid who obviously rules the house and knows it.
The Dad sat in the chair DH sits on at the head of the table - it is broken in the supports at the bottom - DH is no problem because he is skinny. I held my breath that the chair would hold (no the place setting was not there) since he was probably a good 100 lbs heavier than DH. They just left. They were quiet other than letting the door slam at 6 AM. This was probably their first time at a B & B.
I was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro..
gillumhouse said:
I
was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro.
Sounds like it's the parents that needed a slap to me.

I was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro..
gillumhouse said:
I
was probably the PITA - I wanted to slap the kid silly and the fact I had to shut up got me super aggro.
Highlands John said:
Amen!

The kid may be scared to leave home. I was a commuter during college. Absolutely terrified to go away to school. It's sad and I missed so much by being so fearful. Never went on any of the European trips with my language classes, terrified. It's a debilitating thing to go thru.

The kid may be scared to leave home. I was a commuter during college. Absolutely terrified to go away to school. It's sad and I missed so much by being so fearful. Never went on any of the European trips with my language classes, terrified. It's a debilitating thing to go thru.
Madeleine said:
I agree it is sad. I think she is just used to being waited on hand and foot and getting what she wants, when she wants.
I wanted mine to experience the world. So I started nudging them out of the nest early. Whe nthe twins were 12 they were having an argument and Sheryl came charging into the kitchen. "We have to move out when we are 18 don't we!" I said not necessicarily, when you are financially able, YES! They knew the world was coming. Funny thing is ALL of them have thanked me for pushing them.

Madeleine said:
I agree. Being scared/shy/lack confidence etc. ... really miss out on a lot of fun life experiences. Time helps. Late bloomers I believe they are called :)

Madeleine said:
I agree it is sad. I think she is just used to being waited on hand and foot and getting what she wants, when she wants.
I wanted mine to experience the world. So I started nudging them out of the nest early. Whe nthe twins were 12 they were having an argument and Sheryl came charging into the kitchen. "We have to move out when we are 18 don't we!" I said not necessicarily, when you are financially able, YES! They knew the world was coming. Funny thing is ALL of them have thanked me for pushing them.
gillumhouse said:
Madeleine said:
My oldest DD left home at 18, I tossed her butt out the door, it was the best thing I ever did for her, she is now and has been for the past 7 1/2 years been one of my best friends, yes she is still my DD but she is also my friend.
Next one leaves in just over 3 months at 17 for Illinois, off to college and never to return, G-d love her, she is directionally challenged, even if she wanted to come home, she would get lost doing it.
Youngest, my baby DS, can't wait, he too will be off at 17 to college to be named later in just a short 15 months, would have been 8 months but they changed the class scheduling so he is stuck. If he knew they were going to make those changes he would have graduated this year with his sister, and I would be the proud mommy of three college students one year earlier.
Kids need to know it is safe to come home, but spreading their wings while the safety net is still firmly in place is a huge comfort. Going away to college, even if it is 3,000 miles away is a valuable experience for young people, it prepares them for the real world in the event their parents missed that point.
Sounds like this girl has not been given the tools to use to know she can experience things without having mommy or daddy holding her hands. Independance is a liberating and wonderful gift to give a child, more parents should try it. I am thankful every day for my kids, and proud of what they do each day, and although I will miss them when they are off to school and entering adulthood, I will know I sent them out there armed with the confidence to do it right, and when they screw it up as they all do, they also know they can call Mommy and I will tell them how to fix it, but I can assure you I won't be fixing it for them!!!!

Madeleine said:
It is, but my parents reaction to this was to push us out into the world, not shield us from it. And they were right, and I thank them for it.

Madeleine said:
It is, but my parents reaction to this was to push us out into the world, not shield us from it. And they were right, and I thank them for it.
Highlands John said:
Madeleine said:
Every child is different, every family is different, what works for one kid raised exactly the same does not work for the next. Some need shielding some need shoving. HAHA

Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
Madeleine said:
My oldest DD left home at 18, I tossed her butt out the door, it was the best thing I ever did for her, she is now and has been for the past 7 1/2 years been one of my best friends, yes she is still my DD but she is also my friend.
Next one leaves in just over 3 months at 17 for Illinois, off to college and never to return, G-d love her, she is directionally challenged, even if she wanted to come home, she would get lost doing it.
Youngest, my baby DS, can't wait, he too will be off at 17 to college to be named later in just a short 15 months, would have been 8 months but they changed the class scheduling so he is stuck. If he knew they were going to make those changes he would have graduated this year with his sister, and I would be the proud mommy of three college students one year earlier.
Kids need to know it is safe to come home, but spreading their wings while the safety net is still firmly in place is a huge comfort. Going away to college, even if it is 3,000 miles away is a valuable experience for young people, it prepares them for the real world in the event their parents missed that point.
Sounds like this girl has not been given the tools to use to know she can experience things without having mommy or daddy holding her hands. Independance is a liberating and wonderful gift to give a child, more parents should try it. I am thankful every day for my kids, and proud of what they do each day, and although I will miss them when they are off to school and entering adulthood, I will know I sent them out there armed with the confidence to do it right, and when they screw it up as they all do, they also know they can call Mommy and I will tell them how to fix it, but I can assure you I won't be fixing it for them!!!!
It IS a good feeling isn't it - to see them standing on their own and even if they are just doing OK, they are doing.

Back