Crazy Cake?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely! This has been my favorite chocolate cake of all times! It gets so moist and it soooooo good. Here is my recipe, don't worry about making 3 wells
Eggless Chocolate Cake
Very easy to make. Fudgy and moist. Keeps well and freezes well.
In a mixing bowl, combine:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt.
Add to this mixture:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla extract.
2 cups water
Mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack and frost with your favorite icing. Or, just sprinkle with powdered sugar.

These look like good options for vegan guests - no eggs, no dairy or dairy that can be easily substituted.

Absolutely! This has been my favorite chocolate cake of all times! It gets so moist and it soooooo good. Here is my recipe, don't worry about making 3 wells
Eggless Chocolate Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt.
Add to this mixture:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract.
2 cups water
Mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack and frost with your favorite icing. Or, just sprinkle with powdered sugar..
And you really don't need to grease the pan? That's the one that was getting me on all of the recipes!

Eggless Chocolate Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt.
Add to this mixture:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract.
2 cups water
Mix well.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack and frost with your favorite icing. Or, just sprinkle with powdered sugar..
And you really don't need to grease the pan? That's the one that was getting me on all of the recipes!
Oh I spray my pan with a little bit of PAM. THe original recipe I had never said anything about greasing a pan..but I always do it for most cakes I bake. But, I usually just cut the cake from the pan...rather than removing it..so it really might not be necessary. Never really thought about it.

in my house, the chocolate one is called wowie cake and we mix it right in the pan (yes really) no pam or spray .. just dump all the sifted dry into the pan, mix the wet and stir in. kids LOVE to make this. and yes it comes out of the pan no problem. my mother called it 'depression' cake. i didn't compare exact ingredient quantities but it's probably the same.
edit: we also serve right from the pan, and if we frost, we frost it in the pan. i never tried to turn it out of the pan whole.

in my house, the chocolate one is called wowie cake and we mix it right in the pan (yes really) no pam or spray .. just dump all the sifted dry into the pan, mix the wet and stir in. kids LOVE to make this. and yes it comes out of the pan no problem. my mother called it 'depression' cake. i didn't compare exact ingredient quantities but it's probably the same.
edit: we also serve right from the pan, and if we frost, we frost it in the pan. i never tried to turn it out of the pan whole..
Yep you are correct. I just went back to look at my original recipe. Mix right in the pan. THough I think I only did that once. I just make it all in a mixing bowl. Easier for me that way. Hmmmm I am getting a craving..haven't made this in at least 2 years..since we closed.

i used the mixing bowl for this today ... as i was searching for the pan i wanted to use. advantage ... no worries about getting it all blended together! in the pan method, you need to get at the bottom and be sure no flour or baking soda is left behind or in the corners. in the mixer, i just let it mix slowly, scraped once.

OOOPs....didn't look at the original post date...I had already commented on this...but I will again.....:)
I make it all the time...but cocoa version...don't want all those poppy seeds. I just mix it in a bowl. I called it my Eggless Chocolate cake...vegans loved it. It gets moister and moister as it sits. It is my favorite Chocolate Cake.

OOOPs....didn't look at the original post date...I had already commented on this...but I will again.....:)
I make it all the time...but cocoa version...don't want all those poppy seeds. I just mix it in a bowl. I called it my Eggless Chocolate cake...vegans loved it. It gets moister and moister as it sits. It is my favorite Chocolate Cake..
Cake....did someone say CAKE??? I might have to go find that chocolate cake in a mug recipe. haha.....

I make it all the time...but cocoa version...don't want all those poppy seeds. I just mix it in a bowl. I called it my Eggless Chocolate cake...vegans loved it. It gets moister and moister as it sits. It is my favorite Chocolate Cake..
Glad this popped again, I need something quick for tomorrow!

OK, I just made this. It's still baking. I did grease the pan because I need to be able to flop it out to cool.
BTW, it took about 50 minutes before the toothpick came out clean. At least that's how it worked out with my oven. It looks like the edges are burnt so I hope the middle is set up completely. I'm off to the store and will turn it out when I get back.

Eggless Chocolate Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt.
Add to this mixture:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract.
2 cups water
Mix well.
Thanks for posting this; will try it. I checked my measurement conversion magnet, 1/3C=5.3 Tablespoons. I am too impatient to measure out 6 T!

This is my favorite cake - I like it with white buttercream icing, but it's good plain.
I've also made it as an applesauce spice cake. (no cocoa)

Back