crazy person wanted to stay here

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markie

Reaction score
A woman called a number of times to get directions. She said she wanted to check us out. When she finally got here I realized she walked. There is no public transportation in this area. We are several miles from a major road. She had no suitcase. She looked at the one room available and said she would pay with a money order. She had no cash, checks, or credit cards. The money order was made out to Texaco and she planned to cross off Texaco and make it out to us. As it was for more than the cost of the room I was to give her a refund. I said no, as the bank would not accept it. She became very irate and said she would pass the word on about us.
Make my day! Tell all the nuts out there that we will not accommodate them!!

You cannot modify the name of a money order. Why didn't you simply ask her to go to the bank and cash it herself and bring you the cash? I mean, it's not like the bank is stupid enough to do that. Oh... maybe they are.

Ok, when I first read the thread title I thought you were advertising for a crazy person..."Crazy Person Wanted"...yeah, that's how my brain works
tounge_smile.gif

I read it as crazy person "wanted" as well. LOL
teeth_smile.gif

There are plenty of wack jobs out there...we are open to the public so they cross enter our doors from time to time.

teeth_smile.gif

There are plenty of wack jobs out there...we are open to the public so they cross enter our doors from time to time..
Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
I'm glad we'll at least be in the loony bin together JB
cheers.gif

teeth_smile.gif

There are plenty of wack jobs out there...we are open to the public so they cross enter our doors from time to time..
Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
cheers.gif

Don Draper said:
Joey Bloggs said:
teeth_smile.gif
cheers.gif
Yeah I was going to "apply"

This is a little concerning. Sounds like trouble ahead for someone, if this happened to me I would just give a quick call to the local police dept. just to let them know there is someone odd about. Of course we are rural, and everyone knows you and your car.

I would not assume she walked miles from the road. She may have had an accomplice in a car not far away. Scam runs that you accept the (stolen?) money order give her a little cash back (was it more than a few bucks?) and she walks away and is gone.

You should have called the law and let them deal with her. Guns don't kill people, crazy people kill people.

Back