Create your own Animoto Video

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
30 second video slideshow for free. $3 for a one time video slideshow to embed, post on forum, websites, blogs, twitter, FB and upload to Youtube. Youtube quality is never as good unless you pay for the HD version on Animoto. http://animoto.com/

Very NICE! I assume they give you a choice of music to use in the background??

Totally slick. I'm not a very good videographer, but I have made some interesting slide shows using iMovie on my Mac. Something that works great is the so-called "Ken Burns Effect" named after the zoom and scan technique made popular by documentarian, Ken Burns. That would make for some interesting video.
Joey, thanks for the heads up on this fabulous resource!

Totally slick. I'm not a very good videographer, but I have made some interesting slide shows using iMovie on my Mac. Something that works great is the so-called "Ken Burns Effect" named after the zoom and scan technique made popular by documentarian, Ken Burns. That would make for some interesting video.
Joey, thanks for the heads up on this fabulous resource!.
Proud Texan said:
Something that works great is the so-called "Ken Burns Effect" named after the zoom and scan technique made popular by documentarian, Ken Burns.
One of the Amara photo animation software programs Morticia recommended also does the Ken Burns effect very well. I bought the software and am mostly happy with it. I'm not sure I got the same one Mort got. I was specifically looking for the Ken Burns effect and one of their products does it.

So how did you get the show you posted yesterday to be a larger size. I did one here and want it to be bigger but didn't see a way to do it.

In the embed code is allows you to specify size.
I am not logged in right now, but it was somewhere in the embed code when it was all finished.
I logged in hang on...
  1. VIDEO TOOLBOX on the right corner of the slideshow.
  2. SHARE
  3. EMBED
  4. ADVANCED OPTIONS
  5. Select SIZE (Sm, Md Lg) small being 432x240
  6. COPY CODE

ALSO
From this toolbox you can EXPORT TO YOUTUBE.
FYI SEO expert told me that google loves video, esp youtube as a trusted video site. So upload to youtube and place url link somewhere on your WEBSITE in the html (doesn't have to be visible to guests.)

PS I was making a total NIGHT TIME video slideshow of the B&B...and the song I had chosen I was unable to use "Leave your light on" by Tim Eriksen. I wanted to use images I haven't been able to use anywhere else with lights. But then I ended up making it a longer video with more images than originally planned.

You have added lots of video and slideshows to your web site. Do you ever think what your web site was like 5 years ago?
Having looked at lots of B&B web sites recently to find rooms, let me just say that you EXCEL in the information that you provide in a rich media context!!
thumbs_up.gif

In the embed code is allows you to specify size.
I am not logged in right now, but it was somewhere in the embed code when it was all finished.
I logged in hang on...
  1. VIDEO TOOLBOX on the right corner of the slideshow.
  2. SHARE
  3. EMBED
  4. ADVANCED OPTIONS
  5. Select SIZE (Sm, Md Lg) small being 432x240
  6. COPY CODE
Oh Cool..thanks, I didn't go any further when the Code appeared. Just took it as is. This is so much fun. I think I may actually pay for it:)

Thx.
embaressed_smile.gif

The old free slideshows are sure not up to par compared to this one. The 30 second free slideshow is just wayyyy nicer. I think it is worth it to buy the subscription and run with it, esp if you have your hands in many websites/blogs.
Did you see the photographers page? Ie if you are a photographer, or IF YOU hold weddings or elopements at your B&B - please check it out. It would be worthwhile for you. You could make an awesome slideshow for your wedding guests!
Restaurants - http://animoto.com/business/case_studies#canlis
Canlis Restaurant canlis.com
My family has run this restaurant for 60 years. Canlis is about trust, about relationships, about personal connections. That's hard to achieve on a website -- Animoto brought my family to life.

Ok so I took the bait. Paid the $30. The only thing that bothers me is that you are very limited in the background styles and it is time consuming if you want to go back in and just edit the show. There is no way to control the arrangement of the photos...unless you plan ahead and upload them one at a time. You don't have too much control over much. It is a fun thing to do, but I expected to be able to do more with it. Sorry, I am not paying the $250 upgrade :-(
Here are 2 examples I did: This and This One and this one was a test for someone using his Picassa PHotos.Too small photos...need to upload larger sized.

I was able to grab a photo and just move it. Did you try that?.
OOOPs nope...:-( GUess I will try it. They aren't very good with instructions...kind of leave it up to you to discover. I guess you discovered more than me :) Thanks

ALSO
From this toolbox you can EXPORT TO YOUTUBE.
FYI SEO expert told me that google loves video, esp youtube as a trusted video site. So upload to youtube and place url link somewhere on your WEBSITE in the html (doesn't have to be visible to guests.).
Joey Bloggs said:
FYI SEO expert told me that google loves video, esp youtube as a trusted video site. So upload to youtube and place url link somewhere on your WEBSITE in the html (doesn't have to be visible to guests.)
Sorry, not trying to be anti Youtube here, but you know how I am not a fan of misinformation. YouTube can be great and if you have a good purpose for it, that is wonderful. The problem is with the line that "Google loves youtube." Sure they love it, they own it. It makes them a bunch of money. But will they elevate your website in the search engine results because you link to your own or anyone else's youtube video? NO.
Google looks at the content on youtube like any other user contributed content ... it is all suspect as spam until the larger audience of the web says otherwise. You linking to your own video is not enough to establish your video as valuable let alone establish your site as valuable for linking to it. Get a few hundred other people to link to your video, then the video may gain some value and if a few thousand link to it, it may even have limited potential to add some credibility to your site. SInce Google and Youtube accounts are linked, google likely knows that your videos, and your inn website are owned and managed by the same people and as such any link between them is likely discounted.
Placing links on your site that are not visible to guests or other users is a definite no-no.
Typically, if an seo person or designer ever uses the phrase "Google loves XYZ" it is usually a tip off that they don't know as much as they want you to think they do. Google's search algorithm does not in any way resemble a starry eyed teenager. ;)

Back