credit card machines/banks/processors

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradise

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed completely before.
We are seeking a new option for the credit card machine. Anyone have a specific Merchant Services company that they have been PLEASED to deal with?
Thanks for any input.

Just do a search for Credit card processing in the search box at the top of the screen. Lots of this has been discussed. Also check the resources section.

Call around but here is what you want
NO monthly statement fee
NO PCI compliance fee, monthly or otherwise
NO Leased equipment, these are a HUGE waste of money and if you try to end your lease they will hit you with a large fee
NO Long term contracts, try to get a maximum 1 year renewable
If they offer a tiered rate system, check your non qual rate, remember that most people now use rewards or cash back cards and even swiped these are considered non qual
Make sure you are being set up as HOSPITALITY and NOT retail, the chargeback rules are very different for both

Call around but here is what you want
NO monthly statement fee
NO PCI compliance fee, monthly or otherwise
NO Leased equipment, these are a HUGE waste of money and if you try to end your lease they will hit you with a large fee
NO Long term contracts, try to get a maximum 1 year renewable
If they offer a tiered rate system, check your non qual rate, remember that most people now use rewards or cash back cards and even swiped these are considered non qual
Make sure you are being set up as HOSPITALITY and NOT retail, the chargeback rules are very different for both.
Good afternoon,
Thank you for the reply.
We are currently set up as Hospitality (Hotel-even tho we are not a hotel...), thanks for that tip-from this forum!
We do have a monthly statement Fee.
What is a PCI compliance fee?
We do have leased equipement.
"Calling around" is NOT an option as we only have ONE bank on our tiny island. Thus we were hoping for something more "global" that we could find out there...Looking for recommendations.
Thanks again for any help.

Unless there are "offshore" banking regs and you have a phone line / internet connection, there is no reason to use "the bank"
Just do a search for cc processing and start calling
PCI compliance are the new cc regulations for credit card security enhancements which some co's are trying to pass off to us

Unless there are "offshore" banking regs and you have a phone line / internet connection, there is no reason to use "the bank"
PCI compliance are the new cc regulations for credit card security enhancements which some co's are trying to pass off to us.
agoodman said:
"
Thanks. We were searching "merchant services," but will try "cc processing." We'd not had any luck as most hits after you found one (a number of them traced back to the same company-Flag Ship Merchant services) then had A LOT of complaints about them.
Does anyone have any GOOD company they like/recommend?
Thank you again for any help & Merry Christmas!

I have been using the following for 5 years and have had no issues, except that they want to charge me a one time PCI compliace fee in January
Payment Processing Inc
877 335 4272
I am not sure why you are not finding any other options, there are THOUSANDS of processors out there
They are all in some way or another linked back to some bank or cc clearing house
http://www.google.com/search?q=merchant+processing+compare&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7DKUS

Try Innpayment, Innpayment.com 1-866-924-6990 I use them and love it I can process credit card anywhere because I don't have nor need a machine. Great rates also. Good luck!

Try Innpayment, Innpayment.com 1-866-924-6990 I use them and love it I can process credit card anywhere because I don't have nor need a machine. Great rates also. Good luck!.
Unless there are "offshore" banking regs and you have a phone line / internet connection, there is no reason to use the bank.Mobile Card Machines

Back