Credit Card Processing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeannineIrish

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in a really loooong time. I have a question about credit card processing. This question is for anyone who processes their credit cards through Webervations and Intuit Merchant Services. Have you been satisfied with their Intuit rates & Webervations customer support? I found that I had a few issues which are now resolved. There was no manual to help us if we had a problem especially on the weekends and after hours. It was extremely frustrating. Also I found out that if someone pays with a different credit card than the one that they used when booking that the card that shows up on the receipt is the "On File" card but the charge actually went to the swiped card. I now go into Intuit and print the receipt from the transaction so the guest knows the card that was actually charged.
Thanks.
Does your credit card processing interface with your on-line booking whether it be Reskey or Availability.com?

Most of us have left Webervations for either Reskey or Availabiltiyonline.com
Riki

Does anyone have their on-line booking with RezOvation? Since I already have RezOvation I was thinking of maybe changeing to them?

I used RezOvation for years. I liked the accounting capabilities, but hated the customer service, cost, and how the parent company's choices were only about how much money they could make and not about what the innkeeper needed or wanted.
I changed to Reservationkey.com almost 2 years ago and it's like night and day. The accounting is not as sophisticated, but it's good enough for most needs.

I used RezOvation for years. I liked the accounting capabilities, but hated the customer service, cost, and how the parent company's choices were only about how much money they could make and not about what the innkeeper needed or wanted.
I changed to Reservationkey.com almost 2 years ago and it's like night and day. The accounting is not as sophisticated, but it's good enough for most needs..
Can you store the amount of guest information in Reservationkey as with RezOvation? Is your on-line booking and credit card processing through Reservationkey?

I changed to Reservationkey.com almost 2 years ago and it's like night and day. The accounting is not as sophisticated, but it's good enough for most needs..
Can you store the amount of guest information in Reservationkey as with RezOvation? Is your on-line booking and credit card processing through Reservationkey?
The only info I'm not able to store in ResKey is special occasions. In ResOvation you can input birthdays, anniversaries, etc, then later do a search to pull those out of the database. ResKey can not do that right now. ResKey is a relatively young product and John has been great about expanding the capabilities of the service. For me, it was worth giving up that option.
You can get a good idea of what ResKey offers by going to their website and viewing the product.
Right now, I'm only doing credit card processing using my processing machine, but I've very close to switching to authorize.net which fully functions with ResKey and charges the reservation from the online booking. There are a few members here that use that system, so they can tell you more about it.

On ResKey, you can certainly include additional guest information in the "Reservation Notes" section of the reservation form. I'm using Authorize.net with ResKey and love it.
Edited to add: My one problem with ResKey is the lack of support for mobile devices as pertains to a customized online reservations page. I've been working on a mobile version of my website, but once the potential guest leaves my site the hit a non-mobilized version of my reservations page on the ResKey server. I understand John's dilema, in that it's next to impossible to program for every device, but there should be a way to have a simplified version of the reservations page for phones. Tablets are a non-issue (I've maximized my webpage for iPad etc.) but we get a lot of reservations by phone too.

On ResKey, you can certainly include additional guest information in the "Reservation Notes" section of the reservation form. I'm using Authorize.net with ResKey and love it.
Edited to add: My one problem with ResKey is the lack of support for mobile devices as pertains to a customized online reservations page. I've been working on a mobile version of my website, but once the potential guest leaves my site the hit a non-mobilized version of my reservations page on the ResKey server. I understand John's dilema, in that it's next to impossible to program for every device, but there should be a way to have a simplified version of the reservations page for phones. Tablets are a non-issue (I've maximized my webpage for iPad etc.) but we get a lot of reservations by phone too..
Guess you need to change your website to a responsive type wordpress theme that responds to whatever device is being used.???? Is that a solution? I don't know??

Edited to add: My one problem with ResKey is the lack of support for mobile devices as pertains to a customized online reservations page. I've been working on a mobile version of my website, but once the potential guest leaves my site the hit a non-mobilized version of my reservations page on the ResKey server. I understand John's dilema, in that it's next to impossible to program for every device, but there should be a way to have a simplified version of the reservations page for phones. Tablets are a non-issue (I've maximized my webpage for iPad etc.) but we get a lot of reservations by phone too..
Proud Texan said:
Edited to add: My one problem with ResKey is the lack of support for mobile devices as pertains to a customized online reservations page. I've been working on a mobile version of my website, but once the potential guest leaves my site the hit a non-mobilized version of my reservations page on the ResKey server. I understand John's dilema, in that it's next to impossible to program for every device, but there should be a way to have a simplified version of the reservations page for phones. Tablets are a non-issue (I've maximized my webpage for iPad etc.) but we get a lot of reservations by phone too.
I was just at a B&B convention where they were saying that Availabiltiyonline is the only system that is working on a smartphone reservation ap. This was from John of ewd3 who have the InnsMobile system that I am using for my mobile website which I love.
Riki

Guess you need to change your website to a responsive type wordpress theme that responds to whatever device is being used.???? Is that a solution? I don't know??
catlady said:
Not in this case. When a visitor "checks availability", they are leaving your website and being tranferred to a secure server run by ResKey. The coding for the page is on their server.

catlady said:
Not in this case. When a visitor "checks availability", they are leaving your website and being tranferred to a secure server run by ResKey. The coding for the page is on their server.
Proud Texan said:
When a visitor "checks availability", they are leaving your website and being tranferred to a secure server run by ResKey. The coding for the page is on their server.
Would it work to have the mobile stuff handled through your own site rather than going to the ResKey secure server? I know there's a version of the ResKey stuff that you can make appear on one of your own pages, giving you much more control over the layout. It's still secure, but doesn't display the "https" at the top. But perhaps it could at least let you have a use-able version for mobile users. Most wouldn't notice the lack of https.
But I think it uses "frames" or something that may not be compatible with mobile browsers. I don't know. Just something I wanted to mention. At the bottom of your ResKey Reservation Page setup screen, under "Linking to This Page" you select the code under "Iframes" rather than the code that under "Direct Link".

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
When a visitor "checks availability", they are leaving your website and being tranferred to a secure server run by ResKey. The coding for the page is on their server.
Would it work to have the mobile stuff handled through your own site rather than going to the ResKey secure server? I know there's a version of the ResKey stuff that you can make appear on one of your own pages, giving you much more control over the layout. It's still secure, but doesn't display the "https" at the top. But perhaps it could at least let you have a use-able version for mobile users. Most wouldn't notice the lack of https.
But I think it uses "frames" or something that may not be compatible with mobile browsers. I don't know. Just something I wanted to mention. At the bottom of your ResKey Reservation Page setup screen, under "Linking to This Page" you select the code under "Iframes" rather than the code that under "Direct Link".
Arkansawyer said:
Proud Texan said:
With Webervations, you had to use iframes. But as you mentioned, there is no way for a user to know that they are on a secure site. The iframes tag is being deprecated in HTML 5, so it's not a good practice to use it anyway.

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
I don't have a smart phone so I'm looking for the best combination of:
1. on-line booking service
2. Guest data repository
3. credit card processing
Thanks.

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
JeannineIrish said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
It's not for YOUR smart phone that you want a mobile website. It's for your GUESTS. Reports are showing that something like 50% search the web on their smart phone, and pretty soon that percentage will go up. A regular website does not work as well on a mobile phone.
Since I got the mobile website from John at ew3d I have had about 1/3 of my inquiries if not more come from mobile phones.
I can't wait til Availabilityonline puts out their mobile reservation page!
Riki

Jeannine, if you are using just webervations for your reservations, then you would be very pleased with what ResKey offers. It's night and day for about the same price.

Jeannine, if you are using just webervations for your reservations, then you would be very pleased with what ResKey offers. It's night and day for about the same price..
I also have RezOvation. I can automatically download the bookings from Webervations to RezOvation. I was doing double entry from Webervations to RezOvation until one day I called RezOvation support and said "Hey you guys are the same company. Isn't there some way to get the info from one to the other?" and they guy said "Yeh, see that little icon that looks like a globe at the top of RezOvation. Click on it and it it will bring the info in and visa versa". Duh, why didn't they let customers know this??

Jeannine, if you are using just webervations for your reservations, then you would be very pleased with what ResKey offers. It's night and day for about the same price..
I also have RezOvation. I can automatically download the bookings from Webervations to RezOvation. I was doing double entry from Webervations to RezOvation until one day I called RezOvation support and said "Hey you guys are the same company. Isn't there some way to get the info from one to the other?" and they guy said "Yeh, see that little icon that looks like a globe at the top of RezOvation. Click on it and it it will bring the info in and visa versa". Duh, why didn't they let customers know this??
I am confused. Weber and Rezo are both online booking aren't they? Why were you using both and paying double?

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
JeannineIrish said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
It's not for YOUR smart phone that you want a mobile website. It's for your GUESTS. Reports are showing that something like 50% search the web on their smart phone, and pretty soon that percentage will go up. A regular website does not work as well on a mobile phone.
Since I got the mobile website from John at ew3d I have had about 1/3 of my inquiries if not more come from mobile phones.
Riki
ew3d hosts my website so I may already have that. We are constantly getting calls from people I know are calling from the road on their smart phones. We don't always have rooms ready for last minute reservations especially if they are calling after 6 PM at night. Sorry I don't have availability !!

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
JeannineIrish said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
Riki
ew3d hosts my website so I may already have that. We are constantly getting calls from people I know are calling from the road on their smart phones. We don't always have rooms ready for last minute reservations especially if they are calling after 6 PM at night. Sorry I don't have availability !!
JeannineIrish said:
]
Ew3d will not automaticlly give you the mobile site - you have to sign up for it separtately. Look at mine from a smart phone and you'll see the setup. You can change the background color and adding pictures is easy since it automatically adjusts them. Easy peasy system. Go to their website and look at "innsmobile" and you'll see it.
RIki

catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
JeannineIrish said:
2. Guest data repository
Thanks.
Riki
JeannineIrish said:
]
Ew3d will not automaticlly give you the mobile site - you have to sign up for it separtately. Look at mine from a smart phone and you'll see the setup. You can change the background color and adding pictures is easy since it automatically adjusts them. Easy peasy system. Go to their website and look at "innsmobile" and you'll see it.
RIki
egoodell said:
JeannineIrish said:
]
RIki
I was just looking at the Ew3d site. They're kind of pricey.

Back