Credit Card Processing?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternMass

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive got my booking software narrowed down to 3 -- reskey, resnexus, and think
doing trials of each to see which one I like better

in terms of credit cards, what processors do you like?

I used square before at my previous business, never had an issue with them

ideally Id like to use one system that I can use for taking reservations on the site, plus a POS in the bar and gift shop

any advice or suggestions much appreciated!

I love reskey and square. Several on here use both that take deposits and/or payment during the reservation with reskey. I think there may be another piece between - I just take the credit card number.

If you use Think, they will connect you with a merchant service provider that will integrate their system with theirs, usually Authorize.net. For us, it's pretty much seamless. The biggest issue always is integration and who's going to give you the lowest service charges. That can be full-time job tracking whose fees and percentages are the lowest.

We had an amazingly low rate with a card processor (The PO had set it up, and knew what he was doing because he used to work for American Express). After a few years, my SO convinced me to switch to a guy we met at a trade show, and our merchant fees are now significantly higher. It's always tough in these situations to compare apples and oranges.

Back when I had the great low rates, I would send a copy of my statement to all the people calling and emailing wanting our business. Their usual response was "OMG, we can't do THAT!"

Stripe was easy and seamless, which I use with Thinkr. Other cc vendors overly complicated things with lengthy contracts and many ‘if then’ contract gotchas to a very frustrating point and with Stripe it was simply 2.9 plus .30 per transaction been happy ever since.

Which reminds me... here, as of the 6th of October, it's legal to charge a CC surcharge. I'm contemplating it.

Hey guys

Ive got my booking software narrowed down to 3 -- reskey, resnexus, and think
doing trials of each to see which one I like better

in terms of credit cards, what processors do you like?

I used square before at my previous business, never had an issue with them

ideally Id like to use one system that I can use for taking reservations on the site, plus a POS in the bar and gift shop

any advice or suggestions much appreciated!
We use ResNexus for reservations and CC processing. We are happy with the CC rates, processing, and time of deposit, as well as the overall system and service.

I use ResKey with Stripe. Works perfectly. In the past I processed through Authorize dot net, but Stripe works as well or better and is much cheaper and easier to deal with.

I use ResKey with Stripe. Works perfectly. In the past I processed through Authorize dot net, but Stripe works as well or better and is much cheaper and easier to deal with.
Good to know. I’ve been looking at Stripe

Back