Credit Card Transactions via Android/Cell Phone

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
We had a power outage last night and I needed to reset my 8 year old cc machine, Hypercom t7? When I called support, they said they no longer support this machine as it is too old. Rather than buy another terminal, I was considering using my Droid to process them. Do any of you do this? Your thoughts?
Thanks!

Wee--eeelllll, we use a web based cc processor, and there have been times where I was away, needed to run a deposit, and did not have a computer easily accessible. Now, it worked, but working of that tiny screen is not something I'd want to do on a regular basis with our web based service. If they (or someone) came up with some sort of app, we would definitly consider it. We did at one point, but our cell service is poor. However, the new update to my phone's os enables it to use wifi to make calls, so I'll be revisiting the issue.

Wee--eeelllll, we use a web based cc processor, and there have been times where I was away, needed to run a deposit, and did not have a computer easily accessible. Now, it worked, but working of that tiny screen is not something I'd want to do on a regular basis with our web based service. If they (or someone) came up with some sort of app, we would definitly consider it. We did at one point, but our cell service is poor. However, the new update to my phone's os enables it to use wifi to make calls, so I'll be revisiting the issue..
Thanks, Jill! I figured with all the advances, esp. bar code readers, etc. it was probably at hand, or at least not too far in the distant future.

I would love to do transactions via the cellphone. A bunch of the farmers at the local market do it. It sends the receipt directly to the person's email.
I am dismayed by what your processor told you...it's the same machine I have.

I would love to do transactions via the cellphone. A bunch of the farmers at the local market do it. It sends the receipt directly to the person's email.
I am dismayed by what your processor told you...it's the same machine I have..
Alibi Ike said:
I am dismayed by what your processor told you...it's the same machine I have.
Me too.

I am very surprised they would not help you with this issue as long at the machine is (or can) still function properly. I am in an area where power outages are common but my T7 was able to reset on it's own, if yours will not reset on its own, it may have kicked the bucket!
Regarding phone type processing, my massage therapist did this for a while, she said the cost was astonomical compared to traditional readers... this was a couple of years ago and things change quickly. Compare prices before jumping into a committment. Also, refurbished conventional style processors (if you need a new one) are easy to pick up on ebay or sometimes through your CC processing company.

Back