Crepes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, how about a good crepe recipe? And what size crepe pan works best? It's time to extend the repertoire! We try to do one new recipe each year..
Crepe batter is pretty basic, flour, milk, eggs and melted butter. Unless you want to add cocoa for choc. ones.
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Put in a blender and mix. I usually let mine sit for about 15 min. but you can use immediately. This makes about 15 6 inch crepes. My favorite pan was a TFAL crepe pan...It was wonderful..but I don't think they make them any more.
I have a wonderful Crepe cookbook I used many many years ago when I taught a Crepe making workshop. Haven't made any it years but used to really love them. I made them by the tons and just froze them. Put a piece of waxed paper between each crepe, peel off what you need..they thaw in minutes.
Check Amazon they have a number of pans.
How much cocoa do you add for chocolate ones? MMMM... Chocolate.......
Choclate Dessert Crepes
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1/14 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp melted butter
Mix all in a blender or with a mixer. Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
Makes 18-22 crepes.
I found my cookbook on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Crepe-Cookery-Mable-Hoffman/dp/0912656506
Gosh I didn't know I had a collectors item now...I would never pay that for this book. It cost me $4.95 in 1976
embaressed_smile.gif

For Vanilla Dessert Crepes
3 eggs
1/2 ts salt
1 1/2 c.flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melter butter
Makes 32-35 crepes.
I will scan a couple of pics and post later.

OK, how about a good crepe recipe? And what size crepe pan works best? It's time to extend the repertoire! We try to do one new recipe each year..
Crepe batter is pretty basic, flour, milk, eggs and melted butter. Unless you want to add cocoa for choc. ones.
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Put in a blender and mix. I usually let mine sit for about 15 min. but you can use immediately. This makes about 15 6 inch crepes. My favorite pan was a TFAL crepe pan...It was wonderful..but I don't think they make them any more.
I have a wonderful Crepe cookbook I used many many years ago when I taught a Crepe making workshop. Haven't made any it years but used to really love them. I made them by the tons and just froze them. Put a piece of waxed paper between each crepe, peel off what you need..they thaw in minutes.
Choclate Dessert Crepes
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1/14 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp melted butter
Makes 18-22 crepes.
I found my cookbook on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Crepe-Cookery-Mable-Hoffman/dp/0912656506
Gosh I didn't know I had a collectors item now...I would never pay that for this book. It cost me $4.95 in 1976
embaressed_smile.gif

3 eggs
1/2 ts salt
1 1/2 c.flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melter butter
Makes 32-35 crepes.
Thanks! Sounds yummy!

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Choclate Dessert Crepes
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1/14 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp melted butter
Makes 18-22 crepes.
embaressed_smile.gif

3 eggs
1/2 ts salt
1 1/2 c.flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melter butter
Makes 32-35 crepes.
Thanks! Sounds yummy!
Here are a few pics to inspire you all. They are all really easy to make. I think you can use your imaginations
Choc Grasshopper Crepes
choccrepes.jpg

Cherry Stack uses a custard filling in between each crepe. Top with canned cherries and whipped cream.
cherry%20cream%20stack.jpg

Strawberry Crepes
strawberry%20crepes.jpg

Peach Melba Crepes
peach%20melba%20crepes.jpg

Quiche Crepes Make your favorite filling and use the crepes in a cupcake pan and bake.
Quiche%20cups.jpg

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Oooh, I need to get me a crepe cookbook! I have a great pan but haven't been doing crepes for guests yet.
I'd like to do a filling where I can roll them in advance then heat them in the oven prior to serving. Probably top with a sauce or compote after plating. Maybe a fruit filling topped with pastry cream, or a dairy-based filling topped with fruit? Any suggestions?

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Choclate Dessert Crepes
3 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1/14 c. buttermilk
2 tbsp melted butter
Makes 18-22 crepes.
embaressed_smile.gif

3 eggs
1/2 ts salt
1 1/2 c.flour
2 cups milk
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melter butter
Makes 32-35 crepes.
Thanks! Sounds yummy!
Here are a few pics to inspire you all. They are all really easy to make. I think you can use your imaginations
Choc Grasshopper Crepes
choccrepes.jpg

Cherry Stack uses a custard filling in between each crepe. Top with canned cherries and whipped cream.
cherry%20cream%20stack.jpg

Strawberry Crepes
strawberry%20crepes.jpg

Peach Melba Crepes
peach%20melba%20crepes.jpg

Quiche Crepes Make your favorite filling and use the crepes in a cupcake pan and bake.
Quiche%20cups.jpg

Will have to start digging to find that crepe pan!

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Oooh, I need to get me a crepe cookbook! I have a great pan but haven't been doing crepes for guests yet.
I'd like to do a filling where I can roll them in advance then heat them in the oven prior to serving. Probably top with a sauce or compote after plating. Maybe a fruit filling topped with pastry cream, or a dairy-based filling topped with fruit? Any suggestions?
Just Google crepe recipes...there are thousands out there :) I am giving all but my favorite cookbooks to a local library...I don't need them anymore because if I want to find a recipe I just go on line.
Here you go: http://allrecipes.com//Recipes/breakfast-and-brunch/crepes/Main.aspx

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
I am thinking...spread a vanilla crepe with Nutella, put in some bananas, heat if you want then top with whipped cream..yummo!

Making the crepe is fairly easy, but it does take time. I like to have these in the freezer for those "plan b" moments or when I'm so busy in the summer time. They are excellent quality, last a long time in the fridge or freezer.
Melissa's Crepes
There's also some very good recipes on her website.

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Just Google crepe recipes...there are thousands out there :) I am giving all but my favorite cookbooks to a local library...I don't need them anymore because if I want to find a recipe I just go on line.
Here you go: http://allrecipes.com//Recipes/breakfast-and-brunch/crepes/Main.aspx
Thanks for all the pics and resources!

Back