Crepes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sliced strawberries, bananas & nutella!
Anybody got suggestions for a savory breakfast crepe?

Sweet fillings - berries and the like. I love savory crepes but my guests liked them as a sweet dish. Favorites were chocolate crepes with cherry filling - perfect for Valentine's Day.
tounge_smile.gif

I do a cream cheese, sour cream and sugar mix, fold them up fry them quickly and top with fruit, cream, syrup

I fill them with a spinach mix, put them in boat shaped ramekins (sorry, don't know the correct name), top them with a bechemel sauce and sprinkle of parmesan and bake them. Once out of the oven I'll add some sliced tomato.
Each guest gets their own ramekin.

I knew an innkeeper who filled her crepes with scrambled eggs and crumbled bacon. She said her guests loved them. I've never tried it though.

I fill them with a spinach mix, put them in boat shaped ramekins (sorry, don't know the correct name), top them with a bechemel sauce and sprinkle of parmesan and bake them. Once out of the oven I'll add some sliced tomato.
Each guest gets their own ramekin..
The Tipsy Butler said:
That sounds great for the guest who does not like eggs! I have one coming soon so am going to experiement with this! What else do you serve if this is the main course? Start with a fruit and a muffin?

The Tipsy Butler said:
That sounds great for the guest who does not like eggs! I have one coming soon so am going to experiement with this! What else do you serve if this is the main course? Start with a fruit and a muffin?
I always start with a fruit course .... for main course this rich I would probably start them off with something along the lines of a poached pear with a reduced, spiced, apple-cider sauce which I pour over table-side. There's a good reason for the "table-side-pour-thing". I can get the pears out ahead of time, concentrate on other things and then pour the hot sauce over the top as people sit down at the table.

The Tipsy Butler said:
I always start with a fruit course .... for main course this rich I would probably start them off with something along the lines of a poached pear with a reduced, spiced, apple-cider sauce which I pour over table-side. There's a good reason for the "table-side-pour-thing". I can get the pears out ahead of time, concentrate on other things and then pour the hot sauce over the top as people sit down at the table.
The Tipsy Butler said:
Yum O!
RIki

OK, how about a good crepe recipe? And what size crepe pan works best? It's time to extend the repertoire! We try to do one new recipe each year.

OK, how about a good crepe recipe? And what size crepe pan works best? It's time to extend the repertoire! We try to do one new recipe each year..
Crepe batter is pretty basic, flour, milk, eggs and melted butter. Unless you want to add cocoa for choc. ones.
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Put in a blender and mix. I usually let mine sit for about 15 min. but you can use immediately. This makes about 15 6 inch crepes. My favorite pan was a TFAL crepe pan...It was wonderful..but I don't think they make them any more.
I have a wonderful Crepe cookbook I used many many years ago when I taught a Crepe making workshop. Haven't made any it years but used to really love them. I made them by the tons and just froze them. Put a piece of waxed paper between each crepe, peel off what you need..they thaw in minutes.
Check Amazon they have a number of pans.

OK, how about a good crepe recipe? And what size crepe pan works best? It's time to extend the repertoire! We try to do one new recipe each year..
Crepe batter is pretty basic, flour, milk, eggs and melted butter. Unless you want to add cocoa for choc. ones.
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Put in a blender and mix. I usually let mine sit for about 15 min. but you can use immediately. This makes about 15 6 inch crepes. My favorite pan was a TFAL crepe pan...It was wonderful..but I don't think they make them any more.
I have a wonderful Crepe cookbook I used many many years ago when I taught a Crepe making workshop. Haven't made any it years but used to really love them. I made them by the tons and just froze them. Put a piece of waxed paper between each crepe, peel off what you need..they thaw in minutes.
How much of the mix do you pour in the pan for ONE crepe? 1 tbsp, 2 tbsps? 1/4 c?

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
How much of the mix do you pour in the pan for ONE crepe? 1 tbsp, 2 tbsps? 1/4 c?
about 1/4 cup or so enough to swirl around the pan.

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Alibi Ike said:
Do what we did...make them and if they're too thick call them pancakes.

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
Alibi Ike said:
Do what we did...make them and if they're too thick call them pancakes.
If the batter is too thick to swirl in the pan after setting, just add a bit more milk to thin them out. They have to be thin :)

2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup flour
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
How much cocoa do you add for chocolate ones? MMMM... Chocolate.......

Back