Crock-Pot Cooking for the Innkeepers Meals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i (used to) simmer on slow a really (really) inexpensive cut of beef for hours to make a wonderful stew ... pot roastish if you know what i mean.
also baked bean, cooked in the crock pot.
it's been cool here lately. time to get slow cookin'!

I just made applesauce in mine yesterday and it was very good. And yes they do seem to cook hotter for some reason. My grandmother has one of the old models with a heavier glass lid and I think that also has something to do with how they work. She also has the new one with the thinner glass lid with plastic handle and the lid was actually bouncing up and down from heat trying to escape. She took it back and got another crock pot that hasn't had that problem. The housings are also made out of cheaper thinner materials and therefore give off enough heat to damage a wood table or counter top so be sure to put a cutting board or trivet under the crock pot when you use it.

i (used to) simmer on slow a really (really) inexpensive cut of beef for hours to make a wonderful stew ... pot roastish if you know what i mean.
also baked bean, cooked in the crock pot.
it's been cool here lately. time to get slow cookin'!.
One of the things I taught my middle son was to buy the cheapest cut of roast and crock pot it or braise it (in skillet with lid, water & red wine to cover meat, onions, carrots, (potato wedges added during last hour) and on very low heat covered for about 3 or 4 hours until falling apart tender). This would be dinner on Sunday, stew on Monday, and veggie/beef soup on Tuesday by adding vegetables.

I have a recipe I use for crock pot peaches which I do for breakfast. I plug the crock pot into a time so it startes cooking in the middle of the night and it's ready to serve for breakfast.
I'll post it in the recipes.

I just made spiced pear butter in mine. I usually use it to make peach, pear, or apple butter. Low and slow. Doesn't burn. Start it in the evening, cooks all night, can it in the morning. Love it!.
Please share your recipe!
chef.gif

-KathleenM
Skamokawa said:
chef.gif

-KathleenM
Were you referring to me?

I just made spiced pear butter in mine. I usually use it to make peach, pear, or apple butter. Low and slow. Doesn't burn. Start it in the evening, cooks all night, can it in the morning. Love it!.
chef.gif

-KathleenM
Skamokawa said:
chef.gif

-KathleenM
penelope said:
Skamokawa said:
chef.gif

-KathleenM
Yep she was! I would be interested in the recipe too. Last year I made apple butter in the crock pot and it turned out delicious!!

I looked at those two sites - great recipes! I don't use a crock pot because I don't want the food smells but I think I should invest in one to use in the off-season.

There are crockpot recipes for breakfasts as well. Has anyone out there tried them with guests?

There are crockpot recipes for breakfasts as well. Has anyone out there tried them with guests?.
I have not yet but may investigate - especially for Sunday morning breakfasts when the 1AM does not show!

I just found a great "crockery pot" website. It's also very interesting because the group who has this website has been threatened with legal action by the company who has trademarked crock-pot
50 Plus Cookbook - Crockery Pot.
I just made the best chili yesterday in the Crock-Pot®. It is Barack Obama's recipe and it calls for ground chicken but I used ground Turkey instead. It is amazing!!!!!! The recipe is on the blog link on the first post.

Back