Crossword puzzles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I'm doing a crossword puzzle in which the answers are misspelled. Do you know how hard that is? Especially when you know the words are misspelled and you spell them the way you think they're spelled and they fit!
OK, here are the words as they fit in the puzzle (have fun):
  • millenium
  • innoculate
  • embarassment
  • occurence
  • noticable
  • miniscule
  • harrasses
  • supercede
  • perseverence
  • accomodate

Ooooh - LOVE it. I used to be a crossword addict / nerd. This looks like a really good one. Is it NYT .... or anything I can pull up on line?

Ooooh - LOVE it. I used to be a crossword addict / nerd. This looks like a really good one. Is it NYT .... or anything I can pull up on line?.
I got a book of 200 NYT Sunday puzzles so it's out of that.
The Sunday Telegram (Press Herald) has a full page of puzzles...last week's NYT and another one, plus a Jumble, a Sudoku and a Cryptoquip. That's my Sunday afternoon...

Ooooh - LOVE it. I used to be a crossword addict / nerd. This looks like a really good one. Is it NYT .... or anything I can pull up on line?.
Heyyyyy. I'm just thinking...none of these words would cause you fits, but I bet SOME of the puzzle words do! Someday I will attempt a London Times puzzle!

The Sunday Telegram (Press Herald) has a full page of puzzles...last week's NYT and another one, plus a Jumble, a Sudoku and a Cryptoquip. That's my Sunday afternoon...
I have a couple of great Will Shortz compilations - his funniest, his favorites. I was so in-tune with UK style cryptic crosswords (Telegraph / Times) that it took me a while to get used to NYT style crosswords - now a cryptic crossword makes me cross-eyed and frustrated.

I have a couple of great Will Shortz compilations - his funniest, his favorites. I was so in-tune with UK style cryptic crosswords (Telegraph / Times) that it took me a while to get used to NYT style crosswords - now a cryptic crossword makes me cross-eyed and frustrated.
One of my guests went to the crossword competition in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago. I asked if she met Will Shortz and she said, 'Met him? He embarrassed me in front of a room full of people!'
She was there as a 'bystander' and they can also do the puzzles, just not for prizes. He called her up on stage to tell her she'd filled the form out incorrectly. She informed him she wasn't a contestant and it went south from there.
And all I could say was, 'You MET Will Shortz!!!'

One of my guests went to the crossword competition in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago. I asked if she met Will Shortz and she said, 'Met him? He embarrassed me in front of a room full of people!'
She was there as a 'bystander' and they can also do the puzzles, just not for prizes. He called her up on stage to tell her she'd filled the form out incorrectly. She informed him she wasn't a contestant and it went south from there.
Have you seen the movie Wordplay? It's about the crossword puzzle tournie, and features celebrity crossword puzzle enthusiasts like Jon Stewart.

Have you seen the movie Wordplay? It's about the crossword puzzle tournie, and features celebrity crossword puzzle enthusiasts like Jon Stewart.
muirford said:
Not much of a movie person. Did they make it into a book?

muirford said:
Not much of a movie person. Did they make it into a book?
I don't think so - the DVD came with a book of crossword puzzles. I believe I know what will be playing at the Inn this week.
angel_smile.gif

Wordplay is awesome! (I'm not much of a video person, either, but it was worth it!)
Oliver's Travels is also good.
=)
Kk.

Wordplay is awesome! (I'm not much of a video person, either, but it was worth it!)
Oliver's Travels is also good.
=)
Kk..
Oliver's Travels is WONDERFUL!!! and crossword is the starter. It has been a while since I made time for crosswords and I miss them. I was working on one at the hospital today and it showed me how out of practice I am!
Woohoo!! WVU is going to the Sweet 16!!!

Back