Cruise line worker accused of using inside information to burglarize passengers homes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Cruise line worker accused of using inside information to burglarize passengers homes[/h1]Article here
JB - Another reason we need to remember the guest info is Confidential. I am sure you have had calls asking if so and so is there, or double checking on a reservation?

Joey Bloggs said:
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] [/COLOR]JB - Another reason we need to remember the guest info is Confidential. I am sure you have had calls asking if so and so is there, or double checking on a reservation?
Thanks for the article, JB
A really great point to be bringing up just as the summer season is starting. It's easy to assume that those calls are from friends or family with legitimate reasons for calling. But in the days of cell phones and emails, they can reach them if they want to.
We should always be concerned about calls fishing for guest info, no matter how real the issue may sound.

I saw this article myself earlier today. My first thought was 'great, and now how many other scum bags are going to get on this bandwagon?'

Years and years ago that was the thing we were told to never put your address on your luggage tag, ONLY your contact phone #. This is why. Jeez walk through an airport, I would say 75% of those working there look as seedy as! Esp in places like Atlanta or Orlando where you have to watch your back when you travel!

Years and years ago that was the thing we were told to never put your address on your luggage tag, ONLY your contact phone #. This is why. Jeez walk through an airport, I would say 75% of those working there look as seedy as! Esp in places like Atlanta or Orlando where you have to watch your back when you travel!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Years and years ago that was the thing we were told to never put your address on your luggage tag, ONLY your contact phone #. This is why. Jeez walk through an airport, I would say 75% of those working there look as seedy as! Esp in places like Atlanta or Orlando where you have to watch your back when you travel!
And the contact number on your tag should NOT be your landline or anything else that can be easily connected back to your home address.
I holepunch and use my business card with my PO box number and work phone number.

Back