Crustless Quiche for a Gluten Free?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I know you probably call it an "egg bake" or some other name, but have any of you ever just taken the contents of your regular quiche and baked it the same way but without the pie crust?

We do this all the time. Bake pretty much the same as with the crust. Lightly butter the pan first. We stopped doing the crust when so many people turned down the quiche because it had a crust. And it's so much faster without the crust.

a Gluten free quiche is called "scrambled eggs" tee hee. Make them an omelet, everyone loves omeletts. I say, as I made them today. They are my go-to alternative for those who can't have wheat or meat but still eat eggs.

Baked Omelettes (or egg bake) is a big player on egg days here as well; David has a Garden Veggie option and an Asparagus Mushroom option that get rotated...for up to eight people.
Then, regular omelettes come into play for those "one couple mornings".

LB you said the magic words, ASPARAGUS. I am an asparagus hound. I know not why, it just happened.

I call it a frittata and I bake it in a cast iron skillet. To make sure it doesn't stick, preheat the skillet in the oven or on the stovetop (and add oil/butter once hot) before adding the egg mixture.

we do a frittata as well and do a quiche with a hash brown potato crust - both are received well

I made omelets, veggie frittatas, and baked eggs for the gluten free people. Be careful with some spices as they do contain gluten. I have some friends that are intolerant to gluten and they are very careful with their diet.

It's one of our favorites to make and our guests love it too. Just make sure you spray or grease the pan real good or you'll scrub your grease off your elbows...lol
Also had guests which could not have gluten and they were able to eat it ;)

LB you said the magic words, ASPARAGUS. I am an asparagus hound. I know not why, it just happened..
I made an "asparagus crustless quiche" on Easter morning. I think I laid the parboiled asparagus on the top of the quiche in their little boats.
Crustless quiche is a regular "go-to". I don't remember if my gluten free guest could have it or not, but I think she could if I left out the tablespoon or two of flour I normally put in there.

Hash browns. I find that guests love potatoes at breakfast.
I am doing this sweet potato thing currently, it is sweet potatoes with other veggies. It is very colorful which I like.

the last time I tried sweet potatoes, they ended up as mush! :-( will have to try it again

Hash browns. I find that guests love potatoes at breakfast.
I am doing this sweet potato thing currently, it is sweet potatoes with other veggies. It is very colorful which I like..
How exactly are you preparing the sweet taters?
People here liked the fingerling potatoes (which I learned from YOU & could finally find here) - especially the assorted ones that are different colors. I just made them kind of like home fries with rosemary & garlic seasoning. Not your diner fare...no ma'am! More goo-may. haha!
wink_smile.gif

the last time I tried sweet potatoes, they ended up as mush! :-( will have to try it again.
greyswan said:
the last time I tried sweet potatoes, they ended up as mush! :-( will have to try it again
We have been able to find sweet potatoes in the frozen section already cut up that you stick in the oven to "oven fry" They're quite good, but honestly we hadn't even thought to serve them at breakfast. It's a good idea though. The other day DW was complaining that her breakfast was beige, meaning it didn't have a lot of color. You can only garnish so much. But, the addition of sweet potatoes would add some color.

the last time I tried sweet potatoes, they ended up as mush! :-( will have to try it again.
greyswan said:
We have been able to find sweet potatoes in the frozen section already cut up that you stick in the oven to "oven fry" They're quite good, but honestly we hadn't even thought to serve them at breakfast. It's a good idea though. The other day DW was complaining that her breakfast was beige, meaning it didn't have a lot of color. You can only garnish so much. But, the addition of sweet potatoes would add some color.
Love those frozen sweet potatoes.

greyswan said:
Morticia said:
We can also get sweet potato patties. They're more like medallions. Heat 'em up then serve them with lots of butter, honey or syrup.

We do use sweet taters as part of our rotation. We buy them frozen, and David doctors them up with maple syrup and brown sugar, and then bakes with everything else. Even I like them, and I'm not a SP fan.

We do use sweet taters as part of our rotation. We buy them frozen, and David doctors them up with maple syrup and brown sugar, and then bakes with everything else. Even I like them, and I'm not a SP fan..
My dh loves sweet potatoes. I usually just buy him the fresh ones to bake. I'll look for the frozen to try. Thanks!

Back