Curtains: Opened or Closed?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never have a toilet seat open either. Always closed. Always. Not that there is anything scare about it open...or is there?

I will never have a toilet seat open either. Always closed. Always. Not that there is anything scare about it open...or is there?.
The only thing scary about an open toilet seat is the gaping maw in photos (why is it it looks SO much bigger in a photo?) Otherwise, no problems with that! Guest rooms always closed, my own usually open.

open toilet ... very scary.
when i was in college, i flushed a mean, evil, giant mutant goldfish that ate all my other fish. i had some of those pretty ones with the big fan tails ... he would charge at them and bite them til they were dead. he ate my sucker fish and my pretty little goldfish. he started out small and got bigger and bigger and bigger.
he was filthy!
i used to put him in the tub and scrub the aquarium. then i'd put him back in the aquarium and scrub the tub. he used to spit at the light on the inside cover for food. we'd open the cover and he'd spit at us! my father called him glub glub and jaws. he'd swat a fly and toss it into jaws and jaws would gobble it up. my mother would yell, 'don't feed that fish!'
finally, i thought jaws was dead because he was floating and i tried to flush him down the toilet. and he fought the tide! i started screaming and flushed again. the toilet gurgled and he was gone.
some day that giant pyrana mutant goldfish is going to come leaping out of my toilet bowl and bite my butt. i just know it. he's somewhere, living in the sewers.
be afraid. be very afraid.

when i was in college, i flushed a mean, evil, giant mutant goldfish that ate all my other fish. i had some of those pretty ones with the big fan tails ... he would charge at them and bite them til they were dead. he ate my sucker fish and my pretty little goldfish. he started out small and got bigger and bigger and bigger.
he was filthy!
i used to put him in the tub and scrub the aquarium. then i'd put him back in the aquarium and scrub the tub. he used to spit at the light on the inside cover for food. we'd open the cover and he'd spit at us! my father called him glub glub and jaws. he'd swat a fly and toss it into jaws and jaws would gobble it up. my mother would yell, 'don't feed that fish!'
finally, i thought jaws was dead because he was floating and i tried to flush him down the toilet. and he fought the tide! i started screaming and flushed again. the toilet gurgled and he was gone.
some day that giant pyrana mutant goldfish is going to come leaping out of my toilet bowl and bite my butt. i just know it. he's somewhere, living in the sewers.
be afraid. be very afraid..
LOL!

Between this conversation and my friend's description of the movie "Paranormal Activity" a few days ago, I have been having trouble falling asleep, and being VERY nervous when I walk into the bathroom in the middle of the night! Did I leave that shower curtain open or closed?

my husband and I have had arguments about the shower curtains being open or shut. All our tubs are the victorian bubs with a suround curtain (3 actually) that surround the whole tub so that the walls dont get drenched, we have had however a hard time finding curtains that are not too long, ours are a bit long. Anyway, we have the front with a liner and a cloth shower curtain in the same curtain rod which works wonderfully, he wants the curains open, I told him closed is better specially after cleaning them, he finally did do it after he had to remove curtains from two baths because he opened them right after cleaning the bath and mold grew---RAPIDLY--EVERYWHERE....UGHHH I hate mold!
So...we like ours closed- or I do. I remember in our old lives that I was always closing the bathroom curtain after the kids, husband cause I felt that it was like walking into a bedroom with the bed not made.

he was filthy!
I keep my curtains open. It helps make the room look bigger. Plus, I also saw Psycho.
seashanty said:
I nearly spat out my drink after reading that. Thank you for the laughs. If I went through that experience, I would be afraid of prolonged toilet use too. Talk about a freaky fish...

he was filthy!
I keep my curtains open. It helps make the room look bigger. Plus, I also saw Psycho.
seashanty said:
I nearly spat out my drink after reading that. Thank you for the laughs. If I went through that experience, I would be afraid of prolonged toilet use too. Talk about a freaky fish...
TLE041 said:
seashanty said:
every word is true. some day i'll tell you about the gerbil.

my husband and I have had arguments about the shower curtains being open or shut. All our tubs are the victorian bubs with a suround curtain (3 actually) that surround the whole tub so that the walls dont get drenched, we have had however a hard time finding curtains that are not too long, ours are a bit long. Anyway, we have the front with a liner and a cloth shower curtain in the same curtain rod which works wonderfully, he wants the curains open, I told him closed is better specially after cleaning them, he finally did do it after he had to remove curtains from two baths because he opened them right after cleaning the bath and mold grew---RAPIDLY--EVERYWHERE....UGHHH I hate mold!
So...we like ours closed- or I do. I remember in our old lives that I was always closing the bathroom curtain after the kids, husband cause I felt that it was like walking into a bedroom with the bed not made..
We have several clawfoot tubs with the surround curtains like you describe. We end up leaving the two ends closed a bit so folks can see the bathmat and the pretty silver holders for soap/shampoo. We have found that thoroughly drenching these curtains with Clorox bathroom cleaner (with bleach) counteracts the mold growing.

Back