Customer Appreciation for Referrals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but we've thought about it. Will be curious to see what others post

$2$I don't but I try and do something nice for them when they come again ie free bottle of wine treat basket etc it's terrible as my guests tend to kidnap guests from my nextdoor neighbours place! lol Have just joined an referal scheme with a 2 room B&B where I get $2 per referal that books per night (ie 2 nights $4) it is more a bit of fun but I know the chap and his mother who use to run a B&B that was highly thought of and she runs that side of it and I went and inspected the place myself as I won't send people to people I am not sure of.

I think we've had about 4 guest referrals. We tend to get a lot of 'so and so stays with you' and they are people I've never heard of. Is THAT guest looking for a discount?
Now, maybe if I had a referral program that might get me more guest referrals. Don't know.

The concept works............I don't think in the B&B industry, it would be fruitfull.........
After all........how often does any particular guest stay at any B&B?.........how many people do they send on a regular basis?
If you had someone staying 6 or more times a year...........they send a couple to a few a year.........then you'd be at the point of considering referral discounts.
If we're talking about a guest who has stayed once a year for the past 3 years and they had managed to turn 1, 2 friends of theirs to your B&B.......this would be more of ..........they liked the place, the location and in conversation recommended..........nothing more
Referral discounts is better suited for my type of industry

The concept works............I don't think in the B&B industry, it would be fruitfull.........
After all........how often does any particular guest stay at any B&B?.........how many people do they send on a regular basis?
If you had someone staying 6 or more times a year...........they send a couple to a few a year.........then you'd be at the point of considering referral discounts.
If we're talking about a guest who has stayed once a year for the past 3 years and they had managed to turn 1, 2 friends of theirs to your B&B.......this would be more of ..........they liked the place, the location and in conversation recommended..........nothing more
Referral discounts is better suited for my type of industry.
Last week's threepeat has sent a 2-night dinner package and is talking about someone else they need to send here - but they have not said a peep about reward. They truly love coming here and sending people here to also experience it. I gave them the Egg-Special drawing for their eoom last week - even though they did not know anything about it. (He pulled a 10% egg).

Back