Cute Squirrel

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Ok, my brick licking squirrel is back.
It was so funny...at one point he was in the exact position of the concrete cat. I tried to take a pic, but he moved.
squirrel.jpg

My head-sitting chipmunk...he sits there and looks in the window at guests eating brekkie.
chippie.JPG

Cute pictures! I have a squirrel who lately has been running and jumping on our patio door, he hangs for a second on the moulding hoping for food. it's so cute I can't resist feeding him but then I know it only makes matters worse....

Cute pictures! I have a squirrel who lately has been running and jumping on our patio door, he hangs for a second on the moulding hoping for food. it's so cute I can't resist feeding him but then I know it only makes matters worse.....
GeorgiaGirl said:
Cute pictures! I have a squirrel who lately has been running and jumping on our patio door, he hangs for a second on the moulding hoping for food. it's so cute I can't resist feeding him but then I know it only makes matters worse....
Just a suggestion.......but I advise against feeding squirrels. I thought one was really cute, too, once. I fed. It was cute watching the squirrel (a very young one, at that) eating almonds. But.
After he (or she) invited the whole family, and their friends, and they came into my house and ate their way through just about everything including curtains, clothes, furniture, and of course any food that was not in the refrigerator, and after it took me three weeks to get rid of them all, I decided that they weren't cute after all. Just rats with a fuzzy tail.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

---Kesous

Cute pictures! I have a squirrel who lately has been running and jumping on our patio door, he hangs for a second on the moulding hoping for food. it's so cute I can't resist feeding him but then I know it only makes matters worse.....
GeorgiaGirl said:
Just a suggestion.......but I advise against feeding squirrels. I thought one was really cute, too, once. I fed. It was cute watching the squirrel (a very young one, at that) eating almonds. But.
After he (or she) invited the whole family, and their friends, and they came into my house and ate their way through just about everything including curtains, clothes, furniture, and of course any food that was not in the refrigerator, and after it took me three weeks to get rid of them all, I decided that they weren't cute after all. Just rats with a fuzzy tail.

---Kesous
Kesous said:
GeorgiaGirl said:

---Kesous
Oh my goodness!!!!!!! But, I take their food out close to the woods and feed them and the birds, probably about 18 feet from the house.....hopefully I'm safe!

GeorgiaGirl said:

---Kesous
Kesous said:
GeorgiaGirl said:

---Kesous
Oh my goodness!!!!!!! But, I take their food out close to the woods and feed them and the birds, probably about 18 feet from the house.....hopefully I'm safe!
If you are hand-feeding they will follow you to the house. They know where the food is coming from. We had a squirrel that used to sit outside our back door when we moved into our new house. No one had lived there for a year. Friend decided to 'teach' the squirrel to eat out of his hand and explained the whole process...he was going to sit outside and throw the peanuts near where the squirrel sat and throw them shorter and shorter until the squirrel was right at his feet, yada, yada.
First day he went out with the peanuts and sat down the squirrel ran right up to him, grabbed the peanuts and sat there. Scared friend half to death, he jumped up, dropped bag of peanuts and ran in the house.
Squirrel grabbed bag and dragged it off and next day was hanging off the screen door yelling in the house at us.

GeorgiaGirl said:

---Kesous
Kesous said:
GeorgiaGirl said:

---Kesous
If you are hand-feeding they will follow you to the house. They know where the food is coming from. We had a squirrel that used to sit outside our back door when we moved into our new house. No one had lived there for a year. Friend decided to 'teach' the squirrel to eat out of his hand and explained the whole process...he was going to sit outside and throw the peanuts near where the squirrel sat and throw them shorter and shorter until the squirrel was right at his feet, yada, yada.
First day he went out with the peanuts and sat down the squirrel ran right up to him, grabbed the peanuts and sat there. Scared friend half to death, he jumped up, dropped bag of peanuts and ran in the house.
Squirrel grabbed bag and dragged it off and next day was hanging off the screen door yelling in the house at us.
Ooh, that story gave me the heebie jeebies! Yuck. Don't ever forget that they are rodents.

Back