CVV required?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Are you required to collect the CVV when processing a cc? It seems the new machines require the number be entered. I haven't collected that code in forever.

I suppose it depends on your processor,etc..., but for card-not-present transactions, I need it.

OK, called the processor and it is only AmEx that is now going to require that the CVV for card not present transactions. Don't know when that is going to start.

It must depend on the processor - we need it for Discover, but no others. All the others require street address (the number) and zip code.

I use auth.net with ResKey and I have it as a mandatory fill in box. If I use my virtual terminal, I don't need the CVV

I suppose it depends on your processor,etc..., but for card-not-present transactions, I need it..
Harborfields said:
I suppose it depends on your processor,etc..., but for card-not-present transactions, I need it.
We never needed it before, I stopped collecting it when PCI became a big deal. DH watched a video on the new machine last night and it showed the number being entered so I called the processor.

I went to a store and when I went to SIGN the little cc machine with the stylus it ONLY asked for my CVV code!
First time that has ever happened, it didn't even want my signature! This was at walmart btw

Our machine asks for it but you can skip it by pressing "enter" and finish the transaction

Our machine asks for it but you can skip it by pressing "enter" and finish the transaction.
Since i am using Square I have to have the CVV code if the credit card is not present for Amex, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. If the card is present then no I do not need the code.

in the UK it is illegal to store CVV numbers ie booking comes through you mush process it then shred the paper - I very much doubt this is what actually happens!

in the UK it is illegal to store CVV numbers ie booking comes through you mush process it then shred the paper - I very much doubt this is what actually happens!.
in the UK it is illegal to store CVV numbers ie booking comes through you mush process it then shred the paper - I very much doubt this is what actually happens!
same here

Back