Daily Deals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Just got a call from these people in Charlottesville VA, telling me why I am supposed to give them the farm so people can save and get great deals. She must think she is the only one to approach us on this. I get 10-15 marketing calls to every .5 of a real guest calling about the inn.
http://www.cvillesaver.com/

oi veigh.
Took another call "I'm lookin' fer a place ta live, im havin' trubbles here at home..." I am NOT answering the phone any more today! Is it a full moon?

They must be calling you because they can't get anyone here to do a deal!!!! I keep getting calls from Living Social. That along with the 10 requests for donations a day, assuring me that I can write it off...
RIki

I'm not going to hex myself, but I have to say the only call I got today was to remind me of my 8:15 dinner reservations. Yesterday it was boooooooking.com asking me for a meeting. I haven't had a single call from any of these websites. I had an email or two a few months ago, but that's all.
I look at every phone call with a local area code suspiciously. It's in my nature.

I'm not going to hex myself, but I have to say the only call I got today was to remind me of my 8:15 dinner reservations. Yesterday it was boooooooking.com asking me for a meeting. I haven't had a single call from any of these websites. I had an email or two a few months ago, but that's all.
I look at every phone call with a local area code suspiciously. It's in my nature..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I look at every phone call with a local area code suspiciously. It's in my nature.
I said to this guy that we are only allowed to rent rooms by the night, he asked how much, and then said "A NIGHT!" As you know our rates aren't high. I agree with you 100%, local calls = a waste of time 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately people have cell phones from other areas, states, etc. You never know who anyone is before they call. Many of the 800#'s are people calling from work. Although they can check our website and book online and bobyeruncle.
I just saw our town paper calling,,,I vowed to not answer the phone for the rest of the day, I have had 5 useless phone calls thus far. We have a subscription, so it isn't that. Probably calling for us to place an ad, as they know how much business it will bring us!
shades_smile.gif

I look at every phone call with a local area code suspiciously. It's in my nature..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I said to this guy that we are only allowed to rent rooms by the night, he asked how much, and then said "A NIGHT!" As you know our rates aren't high. I agree with you 100%, local calls = a waste of time 99.9% of the time. Unfortunately people have cell phones from other areas, states, etc. You never know who anyone is before they call. Many of the 800#'s are people calling from work. Although they can check our website and book online and bobyeruncle.
I just saw our town paper calling,,,I vowed to not answer the phone for the rest of the day, I have had 5 useless phone calls thus far. We have a subscription, so it isn't that. Probably calling for us to place an ad, as they know how much business it will bring us!
shades_smile.gif

The reason the answering machine was invented is to answer the calls you never want to return. In my case, about 90% of them, including the ones from guests who can't manage to book online.

There is a version of L S being done here in WV. the largest media outlet - most radio & TV stations - offers 1/2 price deals that DO get a LOT of promo on the radio. Trouble is, NONE of that half price goes to you the vendor. I personally do not consider it a deal if I find out I have to book 2-nights and get the second night that would have been say for easy translation, $100 and I paid $50 for it. It is broadcast as a $100 vacation for $50l The certificate would show the 2-nights requirement - at least that is the way I understood it. However, the Media Company keeps ALL the money for the advertising. Thing is, they want you to sell a minimum of 50 of them.
I think this is not for little ol' me.

There is a version of L S being done here in WV. the largest media outlet - most radio & TV stations - offers 1/2 price deals that DO get a LOT of promo on the radio. Trouble is, NONE of that half price goes to you the vendor. I personally do not consider it a deal if I find out I have to book 2-nights and get the second night that would have been say for easy translation, $100 and I paid $50 for it. It is broadcast as a $100 vacation for $50l The certificate would show the 2-nights requirement - at least that is the way I understood it. However, the Media Company keeps ALL the money for the advertising. Thing is, they want you to sell a minimum of 50 of them.
I think this is not for little ol' me..
I've used Living Social to buy a few deals and there are some great ones out there. The key for me, is that I've purchased some travel deals that I would not have known about if I hadn't gotten it through LS or Groupon. (Example: Just bought a 3 hour food tour in Savannah, GA and bought one for a gift, too.)
It's really like any other marketing tool - you have to try to figure out if it's worth it for you before you go for it. I think these deals are great for popular travel destinations.

Back