Damages to our property and declined CC!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teeth_smile.gif

Just to give what I HOPE is the final report on this one, when ResKey sent out the automatic "we hope you enjoyed your stay" e-mail 3 days after they left, the girl saw at the bottom that she had a $70 balance due for damage to the paddles.
She called, apologized for her card being over its limit, and promised it would be okay to charge the card yesterday. We forgot yesterday but Linda ran it through today from ResKey and it worked! Received confirmation from Authorize.net that the daily settlement has transferred the money to our account.
Let's just hope it stays there!.
That's a nice feature...the 'balance due' on the thank you for staying email.

Just to give what I HOPE is the final report on this one, when ResKey sent out the automatic "we hope you enjoyed your stay" e-mail 3 days after they left, the girl saw at the bottom that she had a $70 balance due for damage to the paddles.
She called, apologized for her card being over its limit, and promised it would be okay to charge the card yesterday. We forgot yesterday but Linda ran it through today from ResKey and it worked! Received confirmation from Authorize.net that the daily settlement has transferred the money to our account.
Let's just hope it stays there!.
Madeleine said:
I get CC'd on each of those e-mails and always check to be sure it shows balance zero (unless like in this case they actually still owe us), so if we forget to enter a payment in the "system" this is a chance to catch that.
When you add on extra fees like in this case, you have the option to pick from a list a standard ones you've set up in the past, or add a custom label for the charge. Really nice.

Back