Damages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just $25????? I can't even buy a quart of varnish for that, much less a badger brush to lay it on, too. You were very forgiving at just $25. Hopefully, the wood isn't burnt underneath the finish.
I have a bare wood (teak) dining table to start varnishing this week. I'm estimating about $200 in varnish and brushes, and an enormous amount of time - 8 to 10 coats of varnish.

whattha.gif

Small comfort but at least they had the guts to tell you before they left..
Lately one room seems to be bearing the brunt of cluelessness. One antique dresser now has two spots where someone has put down something square that has taken the finish right off. Slightly larger than a pack of cards each time. That's on the winter list but it's been like that for months now. Can't remove it from the room and can't refinish it in place.
Don't laugh ..... try mayonnaise
I heard or read that toothpaste works for varied belmishes on wood furniture

whattha.gif

Lately one room seems to be bearing the brunt of cluelessness. One antique dresser now has two spots where someone has put down something square that has taken the finish right off. Slightly larger than a pack of cards each time. That's on the winter list but it's been like that for months now. Can't remove it from the room and can't refinish it in place.
Toothpaste has a mild abrasive in it so depends on the type of problem. Mayo works because of the oil in it.

whattha.gif

Toothpaste has a mild abrasive in it so depends on the type of problem. Mayo works because of the oil in it.
Yeah, yeah, yeah......that's what I thought to.......

Back