Damn I love my guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I’m a little teary eyed right now having said “Good Bye” to a really wonderful family and then reading the notes and card they left me.
First time B&B guests, father and son agreed under duress because the wife / mother had always wanted to try a B&B.
They were the perfect guests. They used everything that is here to be used, including croquet, bocce etc etc. I got to have fun with my kiddie-treats and music and encourage them to relax by being relaxed myself (ie - do you mind if we go barefoot - umm - not if I can too). When they first arrived we started talking about music so I took the chance to figure out each person’s music preference for turn-down: Mom, Country. Dad, Classic Rock. Child, Metal. So, first night they had Country, second night they had Classic Rock and last night they had “Mild Metal.”. We were eating when they got home last night but I heard the Young’un running down the path saying … I know she has it on, I know she does, it’s my turn.”
On their second day, they took a day-long trip to Bar Harbor. I got their room turned-down and then DH and I got that “evil” look in our eye and decided to go to our “local” and listen to live music (FABULOUS Blue Grass) and relax. The next morning I apologized for not being at home when they got back and very candidly explained that occasionally “all the stars align” and when they do we seize the chance to escape … we don’t walk, we RUN.
This morning, after they left, I found my guest comment book left open on the kid’s bed with a piece written by each of them and a card. Suffice to say that each piece written brought a lump to my throat and the card made me laugh out loud .... An excerpt “Next time ‘all the stars align’, please use this gift certificate and think of us”.

Great. Now all the innkeepers we know have lumps in our throats. :) YOU ROCK!

That is wonderful. I have been very lucky with having wonderful guest also.
teeth_smile.gif

Brilliant! I hope the stars align often for you for the rest of the Summer.
regular_smile.gif

Yeah, I miss those kinds of guests.........

Congrats !!
One of those makes it all worth while for a few weeks..........no?
Happy guests / customers is what keeps one going

I had one tonight. It was his birthday last week. His wife is a teacher who was being honored at a luncheon for teachers "who made a differnce" (she was nominated by one of her students) and on the way home booked them to come here again as a surptise for his birthday - and booked the dinner. Me- what is his favorite cake? Her - carrot.
they got back from their day early from the route I gave them and all was ready so dinner was moved up to 6:30 so I could serve it before going to my Council meeting. I got back at 9:20 and they were still sitting there talking with DH! I was told it was the best carrot cake he has ever had. He said whenever they come here they walk in and waddle out. This was the third visit and he said he wished they could afford to come here 3 or 4 times a year. Made my day.

Back