Date For Germany Changed - Oh Well...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My cousin called from Germany today. He calls me about once a month or so. Today he wanted to talk about when I am coming to Germany. Looks like I will not be doing any business in June because I will be in Germany. I figure this is my once in a lifetime chance - so I am going! He wants me to come then because his granddaughters will be off school for 2 weeks in June so we can go a few places with them. He is treating me to plane fare and we will travel in his motorhome. London, Paris, Garmish, Amsterdam.... He already has picked out a couple castles for us to tour. He said Krakow is a no go because it is about 500 miles from Schweinfurt where he is. Since I have never been - I do not care where we go - I want it ALL!!!! He said I am staying a month! Woohoo because that is what I wanted - time to see it all.
I can make money any time - I cannot go to Europe just any time. I am blessed with a very special family.

Good for you!!! I am very happy for you!
teeth_smile.gif

K, you will not regret taking this trip! You can never replace time with those you care about. Add a great trip to Europe and that's a bonus. :) Life is short........
Have a FANTASTIC time!

How Wonderful-if anyone deserves it you-take the chance of a lifetime! its all worth it!

Go with no regrets! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for you. A whole month....you'll see so much!!

This particular cousin and I have called each other brother and sister since his first tour in Nam many,many years ago. I do not have a big (meaning older - my 7'1" brother is younger) brother and he has no sister.
The first time he told me if I came to him, he would pay for my plane fare, I thought he was "in his cups". But he said it so many times that I finally got my passport. Now to do as he said I need to do - make a list in order of importance of what I want to see and do. Wish I knew more about what is there. I am up for any and all!!!

Welcome to Europe, you will have a great time, June is IMHO the very best month to travel in Europe, Nice weather, long daylight and before the start of real tourist season. Plenty to see and choose for you, Krakow is nice, but we liked Prague more and it is a lot closer to Schweinfurt as is Dresden.... Any big European city will have history, art and architecture, my advice - plan to go to places that have a special meaning to you, then find things to do and see there. You are welcome to stay over at our place, we are 2.5 hours from Amsterdam and by no means a logical stop, but you neve know!

Welcome to Europe, you will have a great time, June is IMHO the very best month to travel in Europe, Nice weather, long daylight and before the start of real tourist season. Plenty to see and choose for you, Krakow is nice, but we liked Prague more and it is a lot closer to Schweinfurt as is Dresden.... Any big European city will have history, art and architecture, my advice - plan to go to places that have a special meaning to you, then find things to do and see there. You are welcome to stay over at our place, we are 2.5 hours from Amsterdam and by no means a logical stop, but you neve know!.
We will be on the way to London when we go to the Netherlands. I have absolutely no concept of the geography of this - Europe is not imprinted on my brain like the States is to know what is where and on the way to. I plan to learn - and am not at this time saying thanks but no thanks. You may see us.......never can tell.

How big is your luggage? :)
You will have a fantastic voyage. a trip of a lifetime. Bring plenty of memory cards for your camera! Avidasay.

How big is your luggage? :)
You will have a fantastic voyage. a trip of a lifetime. Bring plenty of memory cards for your camera! Avidasay..
My cousin will tell me how much weight I can have when he buys the ticket. He shot down my plan to mail a box of clothes to avoid the weight limit. He says as retired, he is not allowed to receive more than 1 lb via his APO,
Suitcase is canvas, going in June, so I think I will be able to cram enough clothes. If I take a couiple pair of socks and buy more there at the PX (and give them to the local Salvation Army when I leave) that will save space and weight. Planning all casual stuff. Mailing home will not be a problem for my purchases if I need more clothes. I have a 400 memory card now and plan to bring at least 3 or 4 more. I have 2 sets of batteries now so I can always have one charged and ready to go in.

Back