David vs Goliath: Why Small Businesses Exceed Expectations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
read an article last year (but I can't find it) about how small business and family business always do better ion recessions. For example they will take pay cuts and work all the hours for themselves unlike large firms. They are small and nimble and so can move as soon as anything affects the market. also can work more closely with customers to get the job done. Im going to try and find it.

People are stranded all over the UK as the weather closes in again people are sleeping in space blankets on the floor in airports. The local B&B's should be more enterprising I'd be down there with a stack of cards LOL

People are stranded all over the UK as the weather closes in again people are sleeping in space blankets on the floor in airports. The local B&B's should be more enterprising I'd be down there with a stack of cards LOL.
People are stranded all over the UK as the weather closes in again people are sleeping in space blankets on the floor in airports. The local B&B's should be more enterprising I'd be down there with a stack of cards LOL
Aren't they afraid if they leave the airport the flight will go without them? But I certainly see what you mean. If there was some sort of alert for the stranded travelers that they had to be in such and such a queue by 8 AM, they could at least get some sleep and a proper breakfast.

People are stranded all over the UK as the weather closes in again people are sleeping in space blankets on the floor in airports. The local B&B's should be more enterprising I'd be down there with a stack of cards LOL.
Note to all aspirings - look at houses near airports (usually less expensive cos who wants to live near an airport) but might be a great marketing location - heck, they've put a hotel IN the major airport close to where I live.

Note to all aspirings - look at houses near airports (usually less expensive cos who wants to live near an airport) but might be a great marketing location - heck, they've put a hotel IN the major airport close to where I live.
Sorry who wants to live by an airport..not me...and then of course they would complain about the noise from the planes to the innkeeper...:-(

If you have triple glazing you are usually ok also depends on how busy an airport it is. I have a friend who worked at Etrop Grange which is near manchester airport (very busy) but they wern't on a flight path so no noise. they marketed themselves as the airport hotel without the airport noise and did a car service to from the airport made a packet! the only trouble with it from a B&B point of view is check in and check out all hours of the day and night.

Aren't they afraid if they leave the airport the flight will go without them? But I certainly see what you mean. If there was some sort of alert for the stranded travelers that they had to be in such and such a queue by 8 AM, they could at least get some sleep and a proper breakfast.
trouble is they don't know when it will reopen and whoever is there waiting will be the first on the plane so people don't want to risk loosing their place in the que.

If you have triple glazing you are usually ok also depends on how busy an airport it is. I have a friend who worked at Etrop Grange which is near manchester airport (very busy) but they wern't on a flight path so no noise. they marketed themselves as the airport hotel without the airport noise and did a car service to from the airport made a packet! the only trouble with it from a B&B point of view is check in and check out all hours of the day and night..
the only trouble with it from a B&B point of view is check in and check out all hours of the day and night.
It would take a certain special kind of owner that is for sure!

Sorry who wants to live by an airport..not me...and then of course they would complain about the noise from the planes to the innkeeper...:-(
catlady said:
I'm thinking that if you are stranded at an airport and can get a bed to sleep in close by (that may offer pickup and dropoff service) you certainly are not going to complain about "noise from the planes" - it would fall into the category of "here's your sign" if you did! Just thinking out loud here.

If you have triple glazing you are usually ok also depends on how busy an airport it is. I have a friend who worked at Etrop Grange which is near manchester airport (very busy) but they wern't on a flight path so no noise. they marketed themselves as the airport hotel without the airport noise and did a car service to from the airport made a packet! the only trouble with it from a B&B point of view is check in and check out all hours of the day and night..
the only trouble with it from a B&B point of view is check in and check out all hours of the day and night.
It would take a certain special kind of owner that is for sure!
For them cos they were a big hotel it worked well cos they have to have 24 hour reception anyway but I wouldn't fancy it as a B&B not at all.

Back