Day off in July

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Wow for the first time in 14 years we do not have any guests for two nights in July! Very strange, but instead of worrying about it, we're going to embrace this break in the middle of summer. Guess we'll play tourists like our guests for a day. Is anyone seeing a difference in their occupancy this year? June we were down 5% from last year. I think we'll hit about even with last July.

We were worried about July, but it is filling in. We lower the price by $5 or $10 a week in advance. The OTA's then put us on the top of the list saying we've lowered the price. Bargain! Bargain! It fills.
Use the OTA's, Luke!
(And close those two days before you lose your surprise break! )

Yes I put a small discount on the OTA for weekday stays. It's working. For now off to play and take advantage of this treat!

We had July 3&4 off. Unheard of. We have another day of this week and then most of August. I'm going to mind in December when I can't pay the mortgage.

We had July 3&4 off. Unheard of. We have another day of this week and then most of August. I'm going to mind in December when I can't pay the mortgage..
Hopefully the rest of this month starts filling in. Not going to lie, I did enjoy a day without guests. I definitely understand what you're saying about December.

We had July 3&4 off. Unheard of. We have another day of this week and then most of August. I'm going to mind in December when I can't pay the mortgage..
The place I'm at now is in their "December". I'm still trying to remember we are in our "off season"!

First time ever, we have a full inn and no one wanted breakfast! No prep, no clean up. Whoo hoo!

We are having the slowest July in 13 years and on top of that - 10 cancellations just in this month alone. What is going on ?! With our $ being so low, we should be full. I know it is not just us - usually by now I have other B&B's in town full and sending their spillover our way - nothing so far.

We are having the slowest July in 13 years and on top of that - 10 cancellations just in this month alone. What is going on ?! With our $ being so low, we should be full. I know it is not just us - usually by now I have other B&B's in town full and sending their spillover our way - nothing so far..
Slowest July here ever in 11 years! Last year was our best entire year ever.
sad_smile.gif
thumbs_down.gif

We are having monsoon-type rains and flash flood warnings every half hour it seems. This has been a VERY slow year here - slower than usual. It is a good thing it does not take much for me to survive.

We are having the slowest July in 13 years and on top of that - 10 cancellations just in this month alone. What is going on ?! With our $ being so low, we should be full. I know it is not just us - usually by now I have other B&B's in town full and sending their spillover our way - nothing so far..
Slowest July here ever in 11 years! Last year was our best entire year ever.
sad_smile.gif
thumbs_down.gif

Same here- last year was great. All I am getting now is last minute bookings and short stays.

Yes, you should be full because your countrymen are not driving south! We've only had repeat guests from Canada this year.

We are having monsoon-type rains and flash flood warnings every half hour it seems. This has been a VERY slow year here - slower than usual. It is a good thing it does not take much for me to survive..
Very slow (non)Spring here. When it rains....just forget it!, (Pacific NW) but June was better than last year, and July looks like it will match and maybe exceed just a hair.

We are having monsoon-type rains and flash flood warnings every half hour it seems. This has been a VERY slow year here - slower than usual. It is a good thing it does not take much for me to survive..
Very slow (non)Spring here. When it rains....just forget it!, (Pacific NW) but June was better than last year, and July looks like it will match and maybe exceed just a hair.
We drove by your area in April. It was wonderful! Had a great time.

Unusually slow June and July here. I wonder what the reason is. It was 99 here today, but they didn't know that a month ago when they should have booked! The stock market is near an all time high. Inflation is still low. Interest rates on loans are still low. No explanation!

Yes, you should be full because your countrymen are not driving south! We've only had repeat guests from Canada this year.
That is almost all we getting. Where are your countryman to take the 25% discount that our $ offers? Is what I am asking.

That is almost all we getting. Where are your countryman to take the 25% discount that our $ offers? Is what I am asking.
April said:
Dang! I thought they were with you!

Unusually slow June and July here. I wonder what the reason is. It was 99 here today, but they didn't know that a month ago when they should have booked! The stock market is near an all time high. Inflation is still low. Interest rates on loans are still low. No explanation!.
Hmmmm, I hesitate to say that the political climate in the USA right now is...how shall I say....uncertain? We had one Canadian couple book this summer. When they got here they said that they would have cancelled if they could have to avoid the current "lack of appreciation for foreigners".
We are way down this year, but that suits us fine at this point in our lives. I do feel bad for those newbies who were counting on a "normal" B+B year to make ends meet. Or for those of you counting on a hefty bottom line to show prospective buyers when you put your inns on the market.

April said:
Dang! I thought they were with you!
Good one. I wish
regular_smile.gif

Back