Day to Day Inn Operations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I have a confession.
This is me today "Let me check my calendar and see what I can put off until tomorrow."
The day to day inn operations some days are daunting, they are the little things that pile up that are just not all that fun. Stuff that has to be done and we have to continually work on.
Tangible property list and business items filled out and ready for county taxes due next week. Dusting. cleaning bathtubs ie standing in them and scrubbing them and killing my back as I am tall but can't clean properly without going in, this n that...stuff that needs to be done. always needs to be done. Stuff that I wish I could just let go once in a while.
I met a lady two weeks ago who made a comment "I don't live in a trophy home" and I replied, as it irked me "Well I do, and I have to clean it and maintain it 24/7, never have a day off or a day to just let stuff slide."
So back to my playing hooky, the day is 87 degrees and I am going to play hooky until the last possible moment when I have to get back to work.
Happy Spring Day to you all!

Yay!
I'm not putting stuff off today because I have for so long!
Carpet getting ripped out today. Bedroom getting CLEANED. All the crap that is piled up is going where it belongs so I can start a new pile of crap!

I am a slacker today.
I have enlisted a new B&B broker and the email with all the requirements is so huge I am just letting it sit there. Yes I have all the info, but have to run around and get deeds, tax returns, appraisels, taxes town county population of town, lot size, improvements, water heater types, floor plans, occupancy permits, nearest fire dept, business licenses, occupancy by month for 5 years, pictures, press releases, articles etcetera etcetera
bye back to slacking off...heading outside

We closed for the Easter weekend and had our kids and three grandchildren visiting. I'm having a tough time getting motivated this morning because I woke up feeling as if I'd been beaten up overnight.
I'll have another cup of coffee and then think about getting some stuff done.

I am a slacker today.
I have enlisted a new B&B broker and the email with all the requirements is so huge I am just letting it sit there. Yes I have all the info, but have to run around and get deeds, tax returns, appraisels, taxes town county population of town, lot size, improvements, water heater types, floor plans, occupancy permits, nearest fire dept, business licenses, occupancy by month for 5 years, pictures, press releases, articles etcetera etcetera
bye back to slacking off...heading outside.
It may seem daunting, but I bet you have it all as you are so organized. Get it done, the sooner he lists it the better your chances. But do enjoy this beautiful day too. I am heading to the garden center. Moved a bunch of strawberries yesterday trying to revitalize the plot. Now I need to do the same with my herbs.

We had such a busy week last week that I thankfully blocked off today. Once these guests are gone I am heading to the back yard with a margarita...finally some sunny and warm weather and it can ALL wait until tomorrow.
cheers.gif

I am a slacker today.
bye back to slacking off...heading outside.
A day outside will clear your head and make the tasks seem easier. Yearning to BE outside will only make them harder.

I'm playing hooky for most of the day. Served breakfast, have laundry... but no arrivals until tomorrow and everyone departs today. Woohoo!

I am beginning to think my family will all start wearing dark glasses as they know wherever we go they might end up in a blog article. Spring break began today. I grabbed my camera last minute just in case we saw a bear and cubs or something. Instead I got some beautiful images with the new "Picnic Basket."
Here is what I say:
[h2][COLOR= rgb(79, 98, 40)]“Every once in a while you are reminded why this is such a special place.” JB[/COLOR][/h2]
This is DH after we absconded him on his lunch break from County I.T. Dept and took him on a picnic lunch. We brought shorts and flip flops, he had to change back to work slacks etc after the picnic and dipping his toes in the water.
1. Picnic basket from stuffmart = $10
2. Leftover rolls and easter eggs = negligible
3. Time spent together = priceless
Life is too short....
lrg_picnic_waterfall_sm%20image.jpg

lrg_Picnic_smfile.jpg

lrg_Picnic_2_Sm%20image.jpg

I am beginning to think my family will all start wearing dark glasses as they know wherever we go they might end up in a blog article. Spring break began today. I grabbed my camera last minute just in case we saw a bear and cubs or something. Instead I got some beautiful images with the new "Picnic Basket."
Here is what I say:
[h2][COLOR= rgb(79, 98, 40)]“Every once in a while you are reminded why this is such a special place.” JB[/COLOR][/h2]
This is DH after we absconded him on his lunch break from County I.T. Dept and took him on a picnic lunch. We brought shorts and flip flops, he had to change back to work slacks etc after the picnic and dipping his toes in the water.
Life is too short....

lrg_Picnic_smfile.jpg

This is....SO AWESOME! Thanks for sharing it. Sorry your hubs had to go back to work, but what a wonderful lunch break. Good for you!

Here is what I say:
Life is too short....

lrg_Picnic_smfile.jpg

PRICELESS IS CORRECT!!! YEAH FOR YOU!
cheers.gif

Here is what I say:
Life is too short....

lrg_Picnic_smfile.jpg

cheers.gif

catlady said:
cheers.gif
Thanks. The girls began Spring break today and are gone for the next two days with youth group doing community service projects. Some of the few kids there who will know how to do some of these things, but it will be FUN with their friends and not me telling them what to do all the time! :)

Great for you for seizing the day!!! Look how happy your girls look with their dad! Totally priceless!
cheers.gif

Came in late so missed photos. I am glad you took the day. it is imperative to mental health to take a day once in a while for us and our family. It is imperative to family memories that days are "stolen" just for them! It was a beeeyoooootiful day! Sunshine all day!
An armload of books from Half Price Books, found my magnetic bar and spice containers ar IKEA, and a Samuel Adams Steamed Pot at Joe's Crab Shack. I wanted the lobster claws and crab - DH got the clams, corn, keilbasa, and one of my potatoes (the fat does not count if it is a "taste" from MY meal I guess) in addition to a HUGE salad they made for him. It was a lovely day.

Came in late so missed photos. I am glad you took the day. it is imperative to mental health to take a day once in a while for us and our family. It is imperative to family memories that days are "stolen" just for them! It was a beeeyoooootiful day! Sunshine all day!
An armload of books from Half Price Books, found my magnetic bar and spice containers ar IKEA, and a Samuel Adams Steamed Pot at Joe's Crab Shack. I wanted the lobster claws and crab - DH got the clams, corn, keilbasa, and one of my potatoes (the fat does not count if it is a "taste" from MY meal I guess) in addition to a HUGE salad they made for him. It was a lovely day..
HALF PRICE BOOKS! my favorite store in the world...

An armload of books from Half Price Books, found my magnetic bar and spice containers ar IKEA, and a Samuel Adams Steamed Pot at Joe's Crab Shack. I wanted the lobster claws and crab - DH got the clams, corn, keilbasa, and one of my potatoes (the fat does not count if it is a "taste" from MY meal I guess) in addition to a HUGE salad they made for him. It was a lovely day..
HALF PRICE BOOKS! my favorite store in the world...
And I immediately head to the back corner to my special area - CLEARANCE. I get a stack of good healthy murders, political stuff I want to pass on to grandsons, and quirky books - got one yesterday that is phone conversations between a teenage boy - set in 1975 to start - and a girl who calls him to tell him his girlfriend just dumped him. Quirky but for $1? Why not.
I read them then either send them to the oldest grandsons or take them upstairs for guests to steal.

Back