Daylight Savings is this Sunday!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am staying at a hotel over the weekend. (Innkeepers please don't yell at me!) They put reminders at the front desk, inside the elevator, at the stairwell doors, and in the breakfast room. Very cute reminders.
I hope my smartphone which will have my alarm set will adjust automatically...I think I have it set that way. I'd better check...

We put reminders in the rooms, remind them at check-in and moved breakfast hour 1/2 hour later and checkout 1/2 hour later. The clocks in the room change automatically (which I love!). Now Jim just has to remember to change the manual ones in the a.m.

We put reminders in the rooms, remind them at check-in and moved breakfast hour 1/2 hour later and checkout 1/2 hour later. The clocks in the room change automatically (which I love!). Now Jim just has to remember to change the manual ones in the a.m..
You are innkeepers that ROCK, Jeanne!!
thumbs_up.gif

This is the EASY change, you only have to push the button once! Saturday during room flips we set everyone's clock ahead for them and put a note on the front door reminding them they get an extra hour of sunlight to enjoy today. We don't change breakfast or check-in time but they do move more slowly than a typical Sunday! Luckily it is a beautiful sunny day so we do have some early risers anyway...

This is the EASY change, you only have to push the button once! Saturday during room flips we set everyone's clock ahead for them and put a note on the front door reminding them they get an extra hour of sunlight to enjoy today. We don't change breakfast or check-in time but they do move more slowly than a typical Sunday! Luckily it is a beautiful sunny day so we do have some early risers anyway....
This innkeeper overslept by 1/2 and hour! But not a peep from the guests so far. Whew! We set the clocks yesterday as well and don't change any breakfast or check out times.

This is the EASY change, you only have to push the button once! Saturday during room flips we set everyone's clock ahead for them and put a note on the front door reminding them they get an extra hour of sunlight to enjoy today. We don't change breakfast or check-in time but they do move more slowly than a typical Sunday! Luckily it is a beautiful sunny day so we do have some early risers anyway....
This innkeeper overslept by 1/2 and hour! But not a peep from the guests so far. Whew! We set the clocks yesterday as well and don't change any breakfast or check out times.
That was my biggest fear this morning! But hubs was way ahead of me...I am looking forward to an evening walk in the LIGHT tonight!

I am staying at a hotel over the weekend. (Innkeepers please don't yell at me!) They put reminders at the front desk, inside the elevator, at the stairwell doors, and in the breakfast room. Very cute reminders.
I hope my smartphone which will have my alarm set will adjust automatically...I think I have it set that way. I'd better check....
HA HA...I set my ipod and it did it automatically...so I thought I had slept in when it said 7:45...it was only 6:45!!! Of course the cat jumped on me at 4:30 am:-(

NO ONE HAS BEEN DOWN FOR COFFEE. IT IS 842AM. DID THEY IGNORE MY SIGN? I HOPE NOT.
One room rolled in at 1045PM, never called to say they are late, of course, they are the room demanding a certain food. They called the EMERGENCY CELL PHONE to say "We ran out of cream for our coffee and need some - NOW" This was at almost 11pm. They went up and down the stairs 15 times with luggage, and then later on...I lay in bed and said aloud "IF THEY SNEAKED A DOG IN I AM GOING TO BE FURIOUS!" When people arrive so late you always wonder!
This is a room who has been a total pain prioer to arriving, and arriving and they are only here one night. My other rooms are sweet and wonderful, I HOPE THEY SHOW UP FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!

NO ONE HAS BEEN DOWN FOR COFFEE. IT IS 842AM. DID THEY IGNORE MY SIGN? I HOPE NOT.
One room rolled in at 1045PM, never called to say they are late, of course, they are the room demanding a certain food. They called the EMERGENCY CELL PHONE to say "We ran out of cream for our coffee and need some - NOW" This was at almost 11pm. They went up and down the stairs 15 times with luggage, and then later on...I lay in bed and said aloud "IF THEY SNEAKED A DOG IN I AM GOING TO BE FURIOUS!" When people arrive so late you always wonder!
This is a room who has been a total pain prioer to arriving, and arriving and they are only here one night. My other rooms are sweet and wonderful, I HOPE THEY SHOW UP FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!.
GOOD GRIEF.
pita.gif

This is a room who has been a total pain prioer to arriving, and arriving and they are only here one night. My other rooms are sweet and wonderful, I HOPE THEY SHOW UP FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!.
GOOD GRIEF.
pita.gif

We knocked on their door to ask if they will be joining us for breakfast. They are rude and sarcastic. "Do not be rude to the person cooking your food!" as the saying goes.

GOOD GRIEF.
pita.gif

We knocked on their door to ask if they will be joining us for breakfast. They are rude and sarcastic. "Do not be rude to the person cooking your food!" as the saying goes.
Oh no..what PITA's Get them out the door quick! If they ask for breakfast tell them it was done and over

That was my biggest fear this morning! But hubs was way ahead of me...I am looking forward to an evening walk in the LIGHT tonight!
Don Draper said:
I said that yesterday as we were strolling along at 5:30...

Oh boy. I cannot see me getting up at 11 PM to get cream for coffee. I just can't.

The one room I made a point of explaining the whole clock changing thing to (why we do it on Saturday) was, of course, the room that was asking at 9:35 if they were late for breakfast!

Oh boy. I cannot see me getting up at 11 PM to get cream for coffee. I just can't.
And this is why you're not getting me after 9 pm...lack of creamer is NOT an emergency. And then to ask for special breakfast and NOT SHOW? Beyond PITA...there are straight up a$$es.

GOOD GRIEF.
pita.gif

pita.gif
They are idjits if they missed one of your breakfasts! You still win the prize for the best omelette that I have ever had in my life!!!
regular_smile.gif

Curious minds want to know what the "certain food" is?
Mini moos anyone? Or drink it black! I would have rustled up some powdered creamer for them. That'll teach 'em! Good grief....

Mini moos anyone? Or drink it black! I would have rustled up some powdered creamer for them. That'll teach 'em! Good grief....
Yup, mini moos. One reason we keep them on hand.

Samster said:
Here is the email:
Hi! we look forward to our stay. please note we do not eat red meat but we eat all fowl and fish. we love eggs benedict and look forward to having your version. we make it with canadian-style turkey bacon or regular turkey bacon. can you get that? and your hollandaise is of course 100% made from scratch?
PS from JB no one said we were having eggs bennie. and ...we didn't. They showed up at 920AM after we knocked on their door to tell them breakfast was being served.

Back