Daylight Savings starts at 2am on Sunday (don't forget to change the guest rooms alarm clocks)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Daylight Savings starts at 2am on Sunday (don't forget to change the guest rooms alarm clocks)

yay! Of course, I WILL forget to change the clocks...

My dh was going around this morning saying, "You'd better get your rest! You're going to lose an hour's sleep on Sunday! Don't forget!" Yeesch. As if that makes a difference.
I don't think he was thinking that he was going to have to change all the clocks. That's one of his small tasks around here..... haha!

My dh was going around this morning saying, "You'd better get your rest! You're going to lose an hour's sleep on Sunday! Don't forget!" Yeesch. As if that makes a difference.
I don't think he was thinking that he was going to have to change all the clocks. That's one of his small tasks around here..... haha!.
Samster said:
I don't think he was thinking that he was going to have to change all the clocks. That's one of his small tasks around here..... haha!
What is it about them? Mine is saying the same thing...'Is this the one wehre you lose an hour's sleep? Uh oh. You like the other one better, right, the one where you GET an hour's extra sleep? Does this mean we have to change the clocks on Saturday?'

I don't think he was thinking that he was going to have to change all the clocks. That's one of his small tasks around here..... haha!.
Samster said:
What is it about them? Mine is saying the same thing...'Is this the one wehre you lose an hour's sleep? Uh oh. You like the other one better, right, the one where you GET an hour's extra sleep? Does this mean we have to change the clocks on Saturday?'
Yes, change the clocks before you turn in on Saturday night. My dh has been saying that every single day this week. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! How could I forget??

and change the smoke detector batteries.
seashanty said:
and change the smoke detector batteries
We do that one in the fall, but actually did them in Jan. What we do then is take THOSE batteries and replace the ones in the clock radios. The clock radio batteries we toss.

i do them in fall and spring, too - those from smokes to radios since they fit in both places. it's amazing to me that some batteries that are supposedly good until 2010 petering out already. so i'd rather have them fail in the radios --- hmmm

i do them in fall and spring, too - those from smokes to radios since they fit in both places. it's amazing to me that some batteries that are supposedly good until 2010 petering out already. so i'd rather have them fail in the radios --- hmmm.
seashanty said:
i do them in fall and spring, too - those from smokes to radios since they fit in both places. it's amazing to me that some batteries that are supposedly good until 2010 petering out already. so i'd rather have them fail in the radios --- hmmm
We have a battery tester (hubs's tongue) so we know which batteries are still good and which ones to just toss. Hey, don't look at me, I'm not the one licking the batteries!

i do them in fall and spring, too - those from smokes to radios since they fit in both places. it's amazing to me that some batteries that are supposedly good until 2010 petering out already. so i'd rather have them fail in the radios --- hmmm.
seashanty said:
We have a battery tester (hubs's tongue) so we know which batteries are still good and which ones to just toss. Hey, don't look at me, I'm not the one licking the batteries!
Bree said:
And you let him run the kitchen??
tounge_smile.gif
....it's amazing he can taste anything after a day of battery testing LOL

I'm sitting here laughing and dh says, 'Yeah, I do that!" I'm, like, really???? He says it makes your tongue all tingly.
20 years married and I never knew....
=)
Kk.

UHG. I hate having guests on DST weekend. We have a couple doing a morning dog sled ride. That means breakfast at ~7:00am, which means I got up at 6:00, which felt like 5 AM! My brain is only now starting to wake up. If only it had been awake while I was serving breakfast. I forgot to bring a guest her tea water (but I did give her a tea bag), and I completely forgot she's a vegetarian and I served her ham with brekkie. I'm going back to bed. :(

seashanty said:
Bree said:
tounge_smile.gif
swirt said:
Bree said:
tounge_smile.gif
He CAN'T taste anything. He LOVES everything. Which is why he is not the final arbiter of what is 'good'.

seashanty said:
Bree said:
tounge_smile.gif
swirt said:
Bree said:
tounge_smile.gif
He CAN'T taste anything. He LOVES everything. Which is why he is not the final arbiter of what is 'good'.
Bree said:
swirt said:
Bree said:
tounge_smile.gif
And now we know why he can't taste anything...
=)
Kk.

I forgot to change the clocks - however, our military guests took care of that themselves. We served at 7 am, too.... got in a nap a few minutes ago... that really helped!

Back