Dead beat guest - locked him out and am now stuck with his luggage waiting for paymet of ballance - now what.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so now this concerns me even more. if he has left so little behind, why is he making such a fuss? if he just didn't want to pay, why didn't he simply walk away? i would document, if you have not done so already, exactly what you are holding. is he going to claim that he had left behind a laptop or a watch or something valuable? be careful.

Copperhead,
Back from filing a Police Report - the officer titled it "report of - defrauding an innkeeper" - the offcer said I was comfortably within the law.
Seashanty, Good points - the guy IS working for CNN in Los Angeles and very well paid (supposedly) Actually I agree entirely with you, had no ambitions of getting to this point, He promissed to show up and pay his bill in a few days, so I held onto the stuff, then almost 30 days later he showed up with two officers to demand his belongings. and he tried to intimidate my housekeeper, Im a bit short-fused native Danish viking and did not think that was really fun. So the stupid thing is that having dragged the PD down here, he now got him self a police record for lousy $600ish. (and I learned how to file a police report on this subject and that the supervising officer is quite cool and probably would be a great guy to have a cold one with at the nearest irish pub)
In the process I applogized to the office for taking his time on this, as I am completely aware those guys have much more serious issues to deal with on any average day.
Interestingly, running out on the bill is punishable with prison or a fine.
Since Im new at this, I figure we will play it out a bit further to see how this plays. (in my costody is a bag of dirty underwear, I hope to be relived of this shortly)
Bo.
Bo, Glad you followed through. So did they provide you details on how to follow through with this if he returns for his things, without paying his bill?

The dial replica watches design is replica watches obviously Glashütte Original, as one might expect from the watch makers replica handbags of some of replica handbags the most immediately distinctive dials in the business, however ugg boots the finish ugg boots quality is clearly polished over their other chronographs in the Senator collection. This platinum replica watches version is replica watches expensive however, operating the pushers; one almost forgets how expensive ugg boots it is since ugg boots the sweet smoothness of the button action. The chronograph pusher action, as far replica watches as I'm replica watches concerned, I think it is one of the best creations there is in the industry.While I quite appreciate the replica watches movement and replica watches its operation, I don't like the dial as a whole.

Back