Death to...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Rhode Island innkeeper posted a scathing letter to Better Way To Stay this morning on the PAII Forum. I added my 2 cents. I think they would do better to video Tipsey, a farm stay, and what someone (Kenny) in the islands does, and another showing how we are everything from drippin Vic to ranch to log and everything in between. Show who we are and what what we do and not just their select few - go get some of the out-of-the way places. Show some of the small inns instead of the 20 room inns!!
I have pledged and will honor that pledge BUT I will not give more to something that puts me down.

I know we get a particular demographic than some here, but our guests comment favorably on the lack of doilies. Just sayin'.
True there. But that is the reason lots of photos on the web site are a must. Guests quickly figure out your style and personal match.

I know we get a particular demographic than some here, but our guests comment favorably on the lack of doilies. Just sayin'.
True there. But that is the reason lots of photos on the web site are a must. Guests quickly figure out your style and personal match.
Tom said:
Amen.
But does a doily make or break the deal? We have the Love Shack and in that historic little one room guest lodging I have doilies. I don't really think I have doilies but when I myself look at the photos I say "By golly I do!" We used to sell them in our gift shop, these things were soooooooo ornate, local ladies here crocheted them and they were just beautiful!
What's next, death to quilts?
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

Tom said:
Amen.
But does a doily make or break the deal? We have the Love Shack and in that historic little one room guest lodging I have doilies. I don't really think I have doilies but when I myself look at the photos I say "By golly I do!" We used to sell them in our gift shop, these things were soooooooo ornate, local ladies here crocheted them and they were just beautiful!
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Gnomes.

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

• Death to PITAs.
  • Death to special diets based not on heath or religious preferences, but just following the latest fads.
  • Death to the latest fads.
  • Death to tattoos and piercing of lips, noses and eyelids.
  • Death to rice cakes.
  • Death to change. I'm just getting too old for change.

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

• Death to PITAs.
  • Death to special diets based not on heath or religious preferences, but just following the latest fads.
  • Death to rice cakes.
Arkansawyer said:
My son hates change, too. He throws all of it in a jar. Last time I counted out his change he had over $1000. I love change!

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

"does a doily make or break the deal?" No, of course not. It is a symbol of a style, however, and hence a stereotype. Web photos show real inn style - over all, as a whole.
As for quilts - there is a truely dynamic and very American art form that blends with almost any style of decor/design. Old quilts, Shaker style, midwestern craftsman, contemporary. Look at web sites to see some very avant guard. I would love to be able to afford to put hand-made quilts on our beds, and we are way, way post-vic in style.
Now that is something I could have done with Madeline's $1000 (see node/10622), but $1000 wouldn't have covered quilts for all 5 rooms and I started the bocce court already ... well, next year.

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

• Death to PITAs.
  • Death to rice cakes.
Arkansawyer said:
Do many people tattoo their lips, noses and eyelids?
tounge_smile.gif

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

• Death to PITAs.
  • Death to rice cakes.
Arkansawyer said:
tounge_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
tounge_smile.gif
Fortunately, no; not yet at least. That was the piercing part of the sentence.

Tom said:
Amen.
Say it isn't so.
shades_smile.gif

• Death to PITAs.
  • Death to rice cakes.
Arkansawyer said:
tounge_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
tounge_smile.gif
Arkansawyer said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arkansawyer said:
tounge_smile.gif
actually that is correct. Tattoo lip liner on lips and tattoo eyeliner on eyes (that was popular in the 80's) not so sure about noseliner though.
shades_smile.gif

Back