Decorating for Halloween

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcZ

Reaction score
I love Halloween and all the fun that comes with it. Do you decorate your inn like a haunted house...or is your inn a haunted house? Which inns really get into it, I'd love to see some links to pictures or even hear of some ghoulish themed treats. For those that may go overboard with this, have you ever had any negative feedback from guests?

We decorate the porch only as most guests never see it. All the neighborhood kids do, tho!

DH carves a pumpkin for the porch and that is it. A few years ago his pumpkin shared the porch with a pumpkin carved by a guitarist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. A very stupid innkeeper did not think to take a photo of it!!

We don't simply because in the UK decorate = we are giving out candy and I am not - therefore do not wish to be pestered all evening and then hassled when we don't have candy. We do have a bit in for the neighbour kids but this is done by prior arrangement with their mums
I know this seems a bit mean but we are in a town center location on a main road - we would have no peace and would have to spend at least $100 minimum on candy

Our guests are mostly gone by then, the house/apt across the street has all kinds of tacky crap on the porch RIGHT NOW enough to be halloweenie enough.
We have Fall leaves, we have NASCAR next week, we want to be a bit more than scary here.
Therefore we don't do anything with ghosts and witches.

We don't simply because in the UK decorate = we are giving out candy and I am not - therefore do not wish to be pestered all evening and then hassled when we don't have candy. We do have a bit in for the neighbour kids but this is done by prior arrangement with their mums
I know this seems a bit mean but we are in a town center location on a main road - we would have no peace and would have to spend at least $100 minimum on candy.
Kids here go where there are lots of house near each other to increase the haul in the hour they are allowed to trick or treat. I am downtown surrounded by parking lots and a business. I get VERY few visitors so I got one bag of candy this year - just in case.

Back