Decorating for Valentine's Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Do anything special in the common areas or in the guest rooms? Do you do anything special when you set the table?
If you do turndown service, do you do anything special for that??

We may put some chocolate dipped strawberries in their rooms - we usually charge for that.
We always put out port and chocolate in the tasting room for turndown so that's already covered
RIki

Here Valentine's Day is overshaddowed by Mardi Gras which we decorate big time for..(almost as much as Christmas). We do offer things for the rooms for the Valentine weekend, but other than that, no decorating.

We have boxed chocolates for anyone with a two-night stay and I put a Valentine's gift tag on those. I will get a bunch of roses and use those for the room flowers and the living room.
I usually do something special for breakfast. Sometimes chocolate-orange heart-shaped muffins on each plate (instead of the usual family style). Maybe strawberries for fruit if they look good. I may do individual trifles this time since my recipe for trifle was just on Inn Cuisine.

We have boxed chocolates for anyone with a two-night stay and I put a Valentine's gift tag on those. I will get a bunch of roses and use those for the room flowers and the living room.
I usually do something special for breakfast. Sometimes chocolate-orange heart-shaped muffins on each plate (instead of the usual family style). Maybe strawberries for fruit if they look good. I may do individual trifles this time since my recipe for trifle was just on Inn Cuisine..
I forgot I bought some heart shaped baking tins...thanks for the reminder! I think I'm going to do something all month long with chocolate
tounge_smile.gif
My favorite food group
regular_smile.gif

I'm not planning to put out decorations per se around the house. I have Valentine's Day beverage napkins with hearts to use all month. I use a fair amount of red for breakfast service as it is because it goes with our decor. I have some mini & regular muffin tin liners with hearts (found those when I found the tins!).
We have a room service for the morning after Valentine's Day & I'll decorate their tray.

I usually do something special for breakfast. Sometimes chocolate-orange heart-shaped muffins on each plate (instead of the usual family style). Maybe strawberries for fruit if they look good. I may do individual trifles this time since my recipe for trifle was just on Inn Cuisine..
muirford said:
I may do individual trifles this time since my recipe for trifle was just on Inn Cuisine.
I saw your recipe on Inn Cuisine. It was so pretty you should post it where everyone can see it. I didn't put a link up since I didn't know if you were incognito!
wink_smile.gif
I'm going to make that here at home, YUM!

Here Valentine's Day is overshaddowed by Mardi Gras which we decorate big time for..(almost as much as Christmas). We do offer things for the rooms for the Valentine weekend, but other than that, no decorating..
I have my Mardi Gras wreath on the door and my Mantle in the dining room is decorated for Valentines:) Can't break the habit. It looks too bare with no decorations around here. I enjoy them :)

I forgot I bought some heart shaped baking tins...thanks for the reminder! I think I'm going to do something all month long with chocolate
tounge_smile.gif
My favorite food group
regular_smile.gif

I'm not planning to put out decorations per se around the house. I have Valentine's Day beverage napkins with hearts to use all month. I use a fair amount of red for breakfast service as it is because it goes with our decor. I have some mini & regular muffin tin liners with hearts (found those when I found the tins!).
We have a room service for the morning after Valentine's Day & I'll decorate their tray.
I forgot to mention that I have V-Day tablecloths and red napkins to match. I use those for breakfast that morning. Plus now a heart-shaped glass bowl (present from an inn-mate) that I will use somehow on the table - maybe to float a flower centerpiece.
I have wondered what I will do when I don't buy these items for the inn. I love fresh flowers but we never have them in our quarters because one of our cats likes to eat them. Although, that won't be an issue for too much longer as he is on his last legs, I fear.

muirford said:
I may do individual trifles this time since my recipe for trifle was just on Inn Cuisine.
I saw your recipe on Inn Cuisine. It was so pretty you should post it where everyone can see it. I didn't put a link up since I didn't know if you were incognito!
wink_smile.gif
Thank you for the compliment - it is always an 'oohs and aahs' presentation. It is posted in several places already - on my blog, on Inn Cuisine, and picked up by another blog called mydiningspot, so it can be found pretty easily.

muirford said:
wink_smile.gif
Thank you for the compliment - it is always an 'oohs and aahs' presentation. It is posted in several places already - on my blog, on Inn Cuisine, and picked up by another blog called mydiningspot, so it can be found pretty easily.
muirford said:
I was actually thinking for the people who don't know who you are.
I'm thinking of using raspberries on the top since I don't think I want to mess with the pomegranate. I will have to check out mydiningspot, haven't heard of that one before.

WindStorm%202006%20009.jpg
As some of you know, our niche is romance. For Valentines weekend we do a chocolate fountain. We put the fountain out from 6:00-10:00 and I have trays with mini cream puffs, strawberries, marshmallows, pound cake squares, pretzles, oranges, etc. to dip in the chocolate.
In the guest rooms I usually have some kind of special chocolate treat with a personalized card. This year, I found little teddy bears with "love" on them for only $2.50 at Safeway. I'll use that with some little chocolate goodie for each room.
I don't decorate the inn or the guest rooms, but I do pull out little heart shaped baking dishes, etc.
Edited: I think I need to figure out how to make my pictures smaller!!

Back