Decorating mantels

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not looking for Christmas-y decorations, rather what you do for the rest of the year. What do you put on the mantels for decor?

JimBoone

Reaction score
Clock(s), for me clocks everywhere, also my mantle may be cluttered, couple of steins, pitcher with dried flowers, upper mantle has a couple of busts that were a wedding present and a vase (broken and patched) that was on my great aunt’s mantle in my childhood

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Candles and assorted stuff. A jar of seashells, a mermaid sculpture, a few miniature outdoor seating sets and a couple glass sailboats. Very ‘undesigned.’
I like having candles - they are flame less. I like the seashells a lot.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Candles and assorted stuff. A jar of seashells, a mermaid sculpture, a few miniature outdoor seating sets and a couple glass sailboats. Very ‘undesigned.’
I like having candles - they are flame less. I like the seashells a lot..
I like the jar of shells! I got glass lamps at CTS that you can fill with whatever. I filled them with shells.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are my three. In the Harris - there is a coa; train engine and when guests arrive, there is a basket of bananas, apples, and snack crackers. In Rosi'sand the Gillum the fruit baskets are on the dressers.Thisi s Harris

Arks

Reaction score
Here are 3 of mine. As you see, TVs seem to be one of my fireplace decorations! Also big empty candle sticks I found cheap at Pier One Imports.I'd say a prime consideration would be, keep it easy to dust.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here are 3 of mine. As you see, TVs seem to be one of my fireplace decorations! Also big empty candle sticks I found cheap at Pier One Imports.I'd say a prime consideration would be, keep it easy to dust.
Absolutely easy to dust!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are my three. In the Harris - there is a coa; train engine and when guests arrive, there is a basket of bananas, apples, and snack crackers. In Rosi'sand the Gillum the fruit baskets are on the dressers.Thisi s Harris

Rosi's Room above and Gillum below. Mr Gillum was the Station Master. I had a model of the station built and have the Lionel engine coming in to honor him and the railroad that gave us the rail-trail. The paintings are John's work - the Harris is a watercolor and Rosi's is an oil. Not shown is a colored pencil that hangs in the Gillum.

Lee2014

Reaction score
On our mantels, flameless candles, mirrors, boxes of tissues, and books. We tend to go with a sparse theme. Let the guest decorate their room while they are there. We specialize in lots of flat space for them to leave stuff hanging around and drawers to hide things from the maids' eyes.