Deleting an old blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
How can I delete an old blog on blogger.com? I follow the instructions and don't see the option to delete in settings ... it's old, outdated, never used although I can post if I choose to ... it just comes up in searches and I want it to disappear.
I posted this question but no one replied.
Thanks

I googled and this came up:
Delete%20a%20blog.JPG

Delete%20a%20blog2.JPG

http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Blog-on-Blogger

see, on the blog I don't have settings other - I also found that when I searched for help. But nothing appears other than what is below ... no option for other settings. It's like I'm locked out of my own blog. There's a little wrench next to settings, nothing opens if I click that. Just the same screen remains
ugh
Thanks for trying
2016-03-14_1524.png

I wonder if I created it using an old email address that I never access. Yikes! Old things online are so hard to corrall!

see, on the blog I don't have settings other - I also found that when I searched for help. But nothing appears other than what is below ... no option for other settings. It's like I'm locked out of my own blog. There's a little wrench next to settings, nothing opens if I click that. Just the same screen remains
ugh
Thanks for trying
2016-03-14_1524.png
seashanty said:
ugh
Thanks for trying
2016-03-14_1524.png
You don't have admin rights, only write to rights then. You can't delete it.

It's maddening. I'm the one who created it and I'm the only one who ever posted to it and I can't delete it.

If you can't delete it completely because you don't have admin authority, can you go back thru and erase each post individually? I know, a lot of work.
Until you figure out who you were when you created the blog. ;-)

If you can't delete it completely because you don't have admin authority, can you go back thru and erase each post individually? I know, a lot of work.
Until you figure out who you were when you created the blog. ;-).
Morticia said:
Until you figure out who you were when you created the blog. ;-)
if you go to "posts" they will all be lined up by post date and you can just click below where it says edit, delete, and delete them. If you wrote them all you should have that capability.

Well, that was painful and such a waste of time! Finally figured out what old email I had used for many of the posts and as admin ... an email leftover from a prior website with a gmail account for the blog. Deleted all posts, posted one last 'this blog is closed' then deleted the blog. Hopefully after a while it will fade away from searh engines.
Jeez! My own fault, too.

Follow these steps:
First login to your Blogger account.
Then select the blog which you want to delete permanently.
Then go to settings > Others > Delete blog and Confirm.
Now you have successfully deleted your blog from blogger.
If you need more assistant you can see this:
How To Delete A Blog On Blogger Permanently?

Follow these steps:
First login to your Blogger account.
Then select the blog which you want to delete permanently.
Then go to settings > Others > Delete blog and Confirm.
Now you have successfully deleted your blog from blogger.
If you need more assistant you can see this:
How To Delete A Blog On Blogger Permanently?.
This is a super old post .... years old. I don’t have the login info any more.

Back