Desperate Housewives: I'm just sayin'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
jb%20scavo.jpg

Oh well, this went over like a lead balloon.
I'd never watched Desperate Housewives before, thinking it was like a chick flick, but a friend said it's really funny, so I've been watching the first few seasons on Netflix lately and, watching an episode last night, it occurred to me how much Lynette Scavo on the show reminds me of Joey Bloggs. Always working hard to serve as wife, mother, AND business woman, liking to be in charge so she can see things are done right, an expert in advertising and promotion as well as running a household. The levelheaded one among her circle of friends.
I'm still trying to place which of you reminds me Susan, the scatterbrained one, but I'm sure several of you are Bree the perfect hostess and a couple of you may even be Gabrielle the model!

I'd never watched Desperate Housewives before, thinking it was like a chick flick, but a friend said it's really funny, so I've been watching the first few seasons on Netflix lately and, watching an episode last night, it occurred to me how much Lynette Scavo on the show reminds me of Joey Bloggs. Always working hard to serve as wife, mother, AND business woman, liking to be in charge so she can see things are done right, an expert in advertising and promotion as well as running a household. The levelheaded one among her circle of friends.
I'm still trying to place which of you reminds me Susan, the scatterbrained one, but I'm sure several of you are Bree the perfect hostess and a couple of you may even be Gabrielle the model!.
I guess I didn't get it either. Thanks for the compliments.
cheers.gif

I have never watched it. I am currently watching George Gently on netflix, now there's a show I can't get enough of!

I'm still trying to place which of you reminds me Susan, the scatterbrained one, but I'm sure several of you are Bree the perfect hostess and a couple of you may even be Gabrielle the model!.
I'm not sure I even want to know....

I guess I didn't get it either. Thanks for the compliments.
cheers.gif

I have never watched it. I am currently watching George Gently on netflix, now there's a show I can't get enough of!
Joey Bloggs said:
I have never watched it.
You might watch the first season on Netflix, and see some of yourself in Lynette. Of course it's a cross between a situation comedy and a soap opera so a lot of the situations they get into wouldn't fit you, but a lot of it does!
I guess the show hit its peak popularity many years ago and most people have forgotten about it, but it's all new to me and I'm really enjoying it!

Sorry, Arkie, I do not watch TV so had no frame of reference. DH controls the remote and I cannot stand getting interested in something and the channel changing. Or going to a race during commercials and wondering if the program is back..... Easier to just watch the computer as I do some work (or play Solitaire.)

Arkansawyer said:
I see the problem...you have a photo of the wrong housewife. You wanted Marcia Cross (Bree), not Felicity Huffman (Lynette).

Arkansawyer said:
I see the problem...you have a photo of the wrong housewife. You wanted Marcia Cross (Bree), not Felicity Huffman (Lynette).
Madeleine said:
Arkansawyer said:
No, I got it right. To me, JB is Lynette, almost perfectly.
But I was wondering if any of the others of you might be a Bree, for whom nothing on earth is more important than being the perfect hostess. I'll never forget the episode where Bree's husband dies and she sits by the phone, watching the clock, waiting until 8 a.m. to call her friends with the news, because calling them before 8 would be impolite.

Sorry, Arkie, I do not watch TV so had no frame of reference. DH controls the remote and I cannot stand getting interested in something and the channel changing. Or going to a race during commercials and wondering if the program is back..... Easier to just watch the computer as I do some work (or play Solitaire.).
weirdly my DH watches desparate housewives! trouble is he watches it on sky so randomly has a new episode then an old one so I never know what is going on!

Sorry, Arkie, I do not watch TV so had no frame of reference. DH controls the remote and I cannot stand getting interested in something and the channel changing. Or going to a race during commercials and wondering if the program is back..... Easier to just watch the computer as I do some work (or play Solitaire.).
weirdly my DH watches desparate housewives! trouble is he watches it on sky so randomly has a new episode then an old one so I never know what is going on!

Yes, it makes a lot more sense when taken in order!

Back