Quantcast

dessert potluck suggestion?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
saturday nite i'm going to a dessert pot luck and community meeting. supposed to bring a dessert to share ... probably a couple dozen people will attend, possible 60 but doubtful.
what would you bring? my budget is really tight. i could fall back on mini cheesecakes and make them tiny

Emily Spiers

Reaction score
Are you going for finger foodie type things? Or something served?
English Toffee Bars are easy-peasy.
1 C Brown sugar
1 C Butter
Saltines
Chocolate Chips
Melt butter. Mix in br. sugar. Boil for 3 mintues. Put saltines in a greased 9x13 pan. Pour mixture over. Put in a 275 deg oven for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle chips over top and they'll melt. Spread them around.
Let cool and cut into squares.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or your peanut butter cookies with a kiss on top.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
i'm really curious about the english toffee bars ... i mean, they taste good? how many saltines and how much chocolate bits???

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make the pretzels - small size. Even regular size you can get 14-16 from a batch and if your just need a couple dozen.... Flour, water, yeast & salt - none of which is big expensive.
Forgot to add, bring a sqeeze bottle of mustard (I like honey mustard best, but the spicy brown is also good)

Emily Spiers

Reaction score
i'm really curious about the english toffee bars ... i mean, they taste good? how many saltines and how much chocolate bits???.
Where I work, we call them "Evil Toffee" bars. They are THAT good.
I think the recipe calls for 40 saltines. Chocolate, enough to cover and smear...maybe one cup, give or take. It would depend on how thick you'd want your chocolate layer. I like mine a little more thin. 1 cup would give you a nice chocolate crust on top.

Pollyanna

Reaction score
This is so yummy, so easy and gets raves wherever I take it:
easy no-bake toffee tiramisu
one 8 oz bar of cream cheese
one box of lady fingers
3/4 cup of strong coffee
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup hersheys syrup
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 heath bars, chopped

Cover the bottom of a cake pan with the lady fingers, cutting them if necessary. Pour coffee over them. In a medium size bowl, beat sugar, cream cheese, and chocolate syrup on medium speed with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add whipping cream until mixture is light and fluffy. Spread over lady fingers and cover with candy bars.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 24.
from
Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook

Tell us what you bring and how people liked it!

Country Girl

Reaction score
I like the idea of mini-cheesecakes. They are so rich that a small helping is perfect. Plus they look nice.