Detached Bath Pricing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price does drive perception to a great extent. My shared bathroom went unrented quite a bit in the beginning. Then a fellow Innkeeper in the area reminded me that even that shared bath room has more amenities than any of her PB rooms, and the low prices was keeping it from being rented. I raised the rate by $20.00, and now that room rents much more frequently....but there is still a $30 per night different between my SB and PB room rates..
Little Blue said:
Price does drive perception to a great extent. My shared bathroom went unrented quite a bit in the beginning. Then a fellow Innkeeper in the area reminded me that even that shared bath room has more amenities than any of her PB rooms, and the low prices was keeping it from being rented. I raised the rate by $20.00, and now that room rents much more frequently....but there is still a $30 per night different between my SB and PB room rates.
Thanks. See there is so much to consider isn't there! $30 seems like a big gap. How do you market that room(s) do you say much about it shared or just leave the details on the listing and keep it simple?
I accentuate the fact that that bath shares only with hubs and myself, so is always clean and fresh with no waiting. Our guests will never walk into it all hot and steamy, or with towels laying all over, or with overflowing trash, or bereft of towels, or with someone else's toiletries cluttering the counters.
We are in and out in minutes in the morning, and do our showers when everyone is out for the day. Oddly enough, we have three different great repeat couples who will only book that room....go figure!
You share YOUR bathroom??? Oh..that would be a definite no no for me. My owner's quarters are strictly mine and I would not want any guests in it at any time no matter what. But..saying that I realize that each of us is different..so if it works for you..that is fine.
Given the size of the house and financial restrictions, we had to decide in the beginning whether we wanted the revenue from 2PB/1SB, 2PB only, or 1PB/2SB. That made the decision pretty simple, and is the reason why our revenue numbers are so high for a three room inn.
I'm not sure I would know what to do if I had a bathroom all to myself (or a linen closet either!)
tounge_smile.gif
That being said, the Inn is priced accordingly; we decided rather than build the new garage with keepers quarters above or add on to the house (resulting in a much higher sale price), we would leave as is and let the new keepers personalize to suit their own needs, or allow the possibility of a sale as a residence...much as that would break my heart.

Price does drive perception to a great extent. My shared bathroom went unrented quite a bit in the beginning. Then a fellow Innkeeper in the area reminded me that even that shared bath room has more amenities than any of her PB rooms, and the low prices was keeping it from being rented. I raised the rate by $20.00, and now that room rents much more frequently....but there is still a $30 per night different between my SB and PB room rates..
Little Blue said:
Price does drive perception to a great extent. My shared bathroom went unrented quite a bit in the beginning. Then a fellow Innkeeper in the area reminded me that even that shared bath room has more amenities than any of her PB rooms, and the low prices was keeping it from being rented. I raised the rate by $20.00, and now that room rents much more frequently....but there is still a $30 per night different between my SB and PB room rates.
Thanks. See there is so much to consider isn't there! $30 seems like a big gap. How do you market that room(s) do you say much about it shared or just leave the details on the listing and keep it simple?
I accentuate the fact that that bath shares only with hubs and myself, so is always clean and fresh with no waiting. Our guests will never walk into it all hot and steamy, or with towels laying all over, or with overflowing trash, or bereft of towels, or with someone else's toiletries cluttering the counters.
We are in and out in minutes in the morning, and do our showers when everyone is out for the day. Oddly enough, we have three different great repeat couples who will only book that room....go figure!
You share YOUR bathroom??? Oh..that would be a definite no no for me. My owner's quarters are strictly mine and I would not want any guests in it at any time no matter what. But..saying that I realize that each of us is different..so if it works for you..that is fine.
Given the size of the house and financial restrictions, we had to decide in the beginning whether we wanted the revenue from 2PB/1SB, 2PB only, or 1PB/2SB. That made the decision pretty simple, and is the reason why our revenue numbers are so high for a three room inn.
I'm not sure I would know what to do if I had a bathroom all to myself (or a linen closet either!)
tounge_smile.gif
That being said, the Inn is priced accordingly; we decided rather than build the new garage with keepers quarters above or add on to the house (resulting in a much higher sale price), we would leave as is and let the new keepers personalize to suit their own needs, or allow the possibility of a sale as a residence...much as that would break my heart.
I totally understand. The way our house is set up, by going through the kitchen pass-through, our bathroom could be used - except until this year it was in such bad shape I was ashamed for anyone to see it. It felt so good to be able to have it available for the venison cookout with the bicycle guys and keep guest area as guest area. Since my son reversed the way the door opens (into our room now and not the bathroom so it can stay up if the wheelchair gets used again), I can lock the bathroom door on MY side so no one can enter my bedroom accidently.

The for sale thing...we are killing oursleves to be totally turnkey - as we say "every owner has added more and more to this house who has owned it" no one owner can do everything, it is a historic home and there is always maintenance and things to stay on top of. Of course we changed things and made more work for ourselves.
Having said that, we looked at a home for sale recently which had zero landscaping, it was built in 2006. It is 2009 - did they run out of money? For the buyer they need to be able to buy and not invest umpteen extra bucks into reno's or landscaping etc.
That is what we are selling here...should the right buyer fall in love with this place. We have a couple here on Wednesday night to check it out for sale. We want someone who loves the whole atmosphere here and wants to add to it. Of course, DH just wants to sell it now, his heart is not into innkeeping, it is just work on top of work for him. I still want the tradition to carry on...19 years as a B&B.

The for sale thing...we are killing oursleves to be totally turnkey - as we say "every owner has added more and more to this house who has owned it" no one owner can do everything, it is a historic home and there is always maintenance and things to stay on top of. Of course we changed things and made more work for ourselves.
Having said that, we looked at a home for sale recently which had zero landscaping, it was built in 2006. It is 2009 - did they run out of money? For the buyer they need to be able to buy and not invest umpteen extra bucks into reno's or landscaping etc.
That is what we are selling here...should the right buyer fall in love with this place. We have a couple here on Wednesday night to check it out for sale. We want someone who loves the whole atmosphere here and wants to add to it. Of course, DH just wants to sell it now, his heart is not into innkeeping, it is just work on top of work for him. I still want the tradition to carry on...19 years as a B&B..
Yes, that is why I am going to put mine on the market in 2 years - my town NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can make that happen is to sell it as a B & B. I really do not want to quit being an innkeeper but I have to look at the bigger picture and greater good. It is a tradition I started and went through the "labor room and growing pains" with. I do not want to see it end.

Little Blue said:
tounge_smile.gif
Ours can still sell as a B & B or a residence. Most folks can't have enough bathrooms anyway:) This was our plan from the start. If someone does eventually want it as a B & B, I will sell them any of the furniture they want..I certainly won't have room to take it with me.

I have no problem with a detached but private bath. I won't book a room with a shared bath. I don't want to have to schlep stuff to the bathroom or feel like I have to really clean up after myself, and I am a neat freak. But maybe that is just me.....

Little Blue said:
Joe,
I know you can't/won't change the "private" bath by knocking down any walls, but is it possible to really upgrade what you have in there? Soaking tub, jetted tub, something high end? I'm sure you've probably thought of it already, but if you made that an extra special bathroom experience you could market it as upscale and recoup your expense rather quickly. I think people would book a "private bath" more if it were really something special.

Little Blue said:
Joe,
I know you can't/won't change the "private" bath by knocking down any walls, but is it possible to really upgrade what you have in there? Soaking tub, jetted tub, something high end? I'm sure you've probably thought of it already, but if you made that an extra special bathroom experience you could market it as upscale and recoup your expense rather quickly. I think people would book a "private bath" more if it were really something special.
I've thought about adding a king bed to the room I have and eliminating the second bed. The thought there being I could get (maybe) guests looking for the combo of king bed and bathtub rather than the 2 beds. But, still, the bathroom is across the hall. Adding the bath amenities doesn't stop guests being leery that they might be walked in on while in the tub.

Little Blue said:
Joe,
I've thought about adding a king bed to the room I have and eliminating the second bed. The thought there being I could get (maybe) guests looking for the combo of king bed and bathtub rather than the 2 beds. But, still, the bathroom is across the hall. Adding the bath amenities doesn't stop guests being leery that they might be walked in on while in the tub.
Bree...that might be a good idea...same or better rate and less people to feed, bathe and clean up after!

Little Blue said:
Joe,
Adding the bath amenities doesn't stop guests being leery that they might be walked in on while in the tub.
Correct as usual, King Friday! Even telling people there was a deadbolt lock to which the innkeeper has the only keys would not allay the fears of some of being walked-in on.

Little Blue said:
Joe,
Bree said:
I think adding a king bed is a great idea. we have 2 kings and 2 queens and the kings are very popular. Our least rented room (smallest room) has a king and sometimes the only reason it's rented is because of the size of the bed.

Little Blue said:
Joe,
Bree...that might be a good idea...same or better rate and less people to feed, bathe and clean up after!
Little Blue said:
I have to go back and do the research on the bookings. How many required there be 2 beds vs 1 bed. It's hard to throw money away by changing something that has worked! But I could also put a fireplace in if I got rid of that other bed!

Wir bieten romantisch Brautkleider Große Größen zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.Weinlese spornte Brautkleider New York
Brautkleider New York in verschiedenen Designs. Wie eine Braut Sie können entscheiden abend cocktailkleider schönes brautkleid schönes brautkleid, ob ein Brautkleid brautjungfernkleider online shop , dass ein modernes Design hat, oder Sie können für eine, Jahrgang inspiriert opt \u200b\u200bhaben. Wenn Sie nach einem Vintage-Look entscheiden, brautkleider in a-linie bedeutet, dass Sie einen Blick abendkleider abendkleider, stammt sogar so weit, den vierziger Jahren möchten.
Es gibt viele vintage inspirierte Kleider, die Sie in Ihr eigenes Design einbinden können. Es ist das beliebte Ballkleid Design. Es war populärsten zwischen den sechziger und den achtziger Jahren. Sie können sich für ein Kleid ballkleider günstig ballkleider günstig, dass eine vollständige langen Rock und eine Taille, die definiert ist hat opt.
Dies sollte durch eine lange Schleppe und Schleier begleitet werden. Im Hinblick auf den Hals, können Sie versuchen bar dresses online , ein Off Schulter oder den V-Ausschnitt-Design. Wenn es um accessorizing das Kleid kommt, versuchen Sie es mit Spitze und Pailletten. Es gibt auch ein Kleid wie das Empire-Taille Kleid bekannt.
Diese Kleider sind gleichbedeutend mit den sechziger und siebziger Jahren. Das Kleid hatte einen vollen Länge Rock und eine Empire-Taille. Sie haben 2 Möglichkeiten, wenn es um den Rock geht. Es kann entweder groß oder verengt. Frauen, die birnenförmige werden sehen daher in diesem Kleid gut.
Der obere Teil des Kleides kann sich eine Schulter-Design, oder Sie können ein Bustier Korsett Spitze. Sie können auch für einen Vintage-Kleid, das kurz ist opt. Vielleicht möchten günstige abendkleider günstige abendkleider, zeigen Sie Ihre Beine oder möchten Sie mehr bequem zu Fuß sein. Dieses Design entstand in den zwanziger Jahren.
Sie können wählen, ein Kleid ballkleid online shop , das mehr Körper oder eine, die ist eingebaut hat. Der Vintage-Look kann durch Stoffe wie Satin durch ein Spitzen-Overlay begleitet akzentuiert werden. Deshalb, abendmoden wenn Sie für ein Brautkleid suchen, übernachten sie Brautkleider New York.
Wollen Sie mehr Fakten zu diesem Thema, ohne die Flusen? Gehen Sie auf die Netto-führende Ressource zu diesem Thema! Klicken Sie jetzt hier: Brautkleider, Brautkleider und Manhattan Hochzeit dres
brautkleider online günstig

Back