Detailed notes on guests?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto also . SuperInns with 2 cottages is not cost effective. My reservation sheet ( I made up) has a spot for what they ate & days, comments, special request, etc. I staple their receipt on check out on this sheet. Credit card daily log out I write guest names on that also,Plus other things I do .Being small and B&B Cottages is a bit different so I think out side of the box when possible....Mary in Bridgewater

We simply write in our schedule book what we served for breakfast each day. When a guest is a repeat we just look up what we had the last time they stayed and will try to make something new unless they professed a great liking for what we served the first time, which most do, they always have a favorite.
We don't keep any other type of notes on specific guests, it's easy enough to remember based on your conversations with them..
InnsiderInfo said:
We don't keep any other type of notes on specific guests, it's easy enough to remember based on your conversations with them.
You must have a great photographic memory! I need my cheat sheets!
embaressed_smile.gif

Just this weekend we had guests who remembered so much about us and until breakfast conversation I didn't even recognize them! They were talking about our previous jobs, my 'new' (2 year old) haircut, my kids, etc. Holy mackeral!
Yikes! Now that does freak me out a little when that happens. But just think what an impression you made and how much they loved staying with you!
You get to the point you've met so many people, and many who only come once every 3-4 years, that you blank on whether you really do know them, they look like someone you once knew or what!
I was in the store today and I swear this woman who kept smiling at me was someone I knew a long time ago. I kept associating her with 'school' in some way. But who knows!
Years ago - am at airport in Pittsburgh waiting for cousin to arrive and as she is flying stand-by have no clue which flight. Gate attendant looks soooo familiar. Finally after meeting several flights unsuccessfully I went up to him and said he was sooo familiar but could not figure out who he was. He said same thing. Turns out we know each other from 4-H camp (I was in grade school and he was high school) in WV.

Back