DexKnows

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of http://www.dexknows.com/? One of my restaurant clients is swearing this is the place to be!!!! Any opinions?

Isn't that the old yellow pages?.
I haven't a clue! I had never heard of it. She says it is the latest thing because it is aimed at smartphone users. I just told her I never heard of it. Don't know how much money she is socking into it. I will have to investigate. They just did a video for her as well. The first thing you see is a oriental chef....nothing against that...just that the restaurant doesn't have one and the stock images used don't portray the restaurant well. :-(

yet another place asking for reviews...save us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yet another place asking for reviews...save us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Yep I just did some reading on their site. It is or was Yellow Pages. Aiming for the Smartphone market to post reviews. Can't find how much she paid them...will ask her. Probably more than I charged her to do the web site :-( I actually bartered partially for some of their good food :) I will be eating there weekly for year :)

About as useful as a leather bookmark for a kindle.
45% of their traffic comes from google and 40% of their traffic goes back to google after realizing that this is the old yellow pages that no one looks at anymore.
They spend somewhere around $300K to $600K a month on PPC to get their traffic on 36K different keywords! And what is their biggest keywords.... city names with the words "yellow pages".

About as useful as a leather bookmark for a kindle.
45% of their traffic comes from google and 40% of their traffic goes back to google after realizing that this is the old yellow pages that no one looks at anymore.
They spend somewhere around $300K to $600K a month on PPC to get their traffic on 36K different keywords! And what is their biggest keywords.... city names with the words "yellow pages"..
Thanks. When I find out how much she has paid them, I will share with her ...maybe
tounge_smile.gif

You have to call to find out pricing. Never a good thing. They have a B&B from my town of course they closed a few years ago.
Priceless then I click the B&B and right below all of their info is -
"Nearby Wedding guest accomadations"
An dairy queen knockoff and the local campground are listed.
Yeah this is the next big thing all right. I am amazed at how many places that should be huge just died off.

Back